EDT file format description
Many people often share .edt files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .edt files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .edt files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .edt files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .edt file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.edt - ENVI-met Data File
The EDT data files are related to ENVI-met. The EDT file is a ENVI-met Data File. ENVI-met is a three-dimensional microclimate model designed to simulate the surface-plant-air interactions in urban environment with a typical resolution of 0.5 to 10 m in space and 10 sec in time.
ENVI-met Data File related extensions:
- edi ENVI-met Information File
.edt - NEPLAN External Program Data
The EDT data files are related to NEPLAN. The EDT file is a NEPLAN External Program Data. NEPLAN is a user friendly planning and information system for electrical-, gas- and water-networks.
NEPLAN External Program Data related extensions:
- eld NEPLAN Export Data
- elt NEPLAN Topology Data
- knd NEPLAN DOS Export Data
- mcb NEPLAN Root Network Data
- ndb NEPLAN Network Node Data
- nepprj NEPLAN Project
.edt - Edraw Max Template
The EDT document files are related to Edraw Max. The EDT file is an Edraw Max Template. Edraw Max is an all-in-one diagram software that makes it simple to create professional-looking flowcharts, organizational charts, network diagrams, business presentations, building plans, mind maps, science illustration, fashion designs, UML diagrams, workflows, program structures, web design diagrams, electrical engineering diagrams, directional maps, database diagrams and more.
Edraw Max Template related extensions:
- sdfa Exocad 3D Model
- vgi VGStudio Scene
- otmu Origin Unicode Matrix Book Template
- xmt XMind Template
- wrd Psion Word File
- lgf Imagine LogoMotion Image
.edt - VAX Edt Editor Settings Data
The EDT configuration files are related to VAX Edt Editor. The EDT file is a VAX Edt Editor Settings Data. EDT is a character-based text editor from Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC). The VAX Edt Editor seems to be no longer supported.
VAX Edt Editor Settings Data related extensions:
- dmi STATISTICA Node Interface Configuration
- sfs Sibelius Configuration File
- cxr CX-Programmer Settings Data
- mspl RPAS Configuration Data
- hexset Free Hex Editor Neo Settings Data
- jap jAlbum Settings
.edt - Football Manager Mod Data
The EDT game data files are related to Football Manager. The EDT file is a Football Manager Mod Data. Football Manager was a computer game developed by Kevin Toms and published by Addictive Games in 1982. The Football Manager seems to be no longer supported.
Football Manager Mod Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .edt file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .edt extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .edt files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .edt files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .edt file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .edt file
To set the .edt file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .edt file association. Many applications can open .edt files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .edt file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
3dt, ddt, det, dt, ect, ed, edf, edg, edh, edr, eet, eft, ert, est, et
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .edt filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .edt:
- sdt Dungeon Keeper 2 Game Archive
- ddt Football Manager Data
- edf Dunstad Estimator Data
- ert MGL Avionics Enigma Route File
- ext Norton Commander Extension
- rdt ProModel Binary Output Time Series Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .edt page useful, please feel free to link to this page.