ERS file format description
Many people often share .ers files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ers files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ers files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ers files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ers file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ers - ERDAS ER Mapper Image Header
The ERS gis files are related to ER Mapper. The ERS file is an ERDAS ER Mapper Image Header. ERDAS ER Mapper is a geospatial imagery processing application. The ECW compressed image format uses the standard ER Mapper "ERS" image header file to record map projection information (raster dataset).
ERDAS ER Mapper Image Header related extensions:
- ert MGL Avionics Enigma Route File
- wlx Garmin MapSource Web Link Data
- job Survey Pro Job Settings Data
- vtpk ArcGIS Pro Vector Tile Package
- aux ERDAS Imagine Geospatial Auxiliary Data
- pat ArcView Geocoding Pattern Recognition Data
.ers - Altium Designer Assembler Error Messages File
The ERS development files are related to Altium Designer. The ERS file is an Altium Designer Assembler Error Messages File. Altium Designer is a software package which allows electronic circuit designers to design, draw and simulate electronic circuit boards.
Altium Designer Assembler Error Messages File related extensions:
- fsh OpenGL Fragment Shader
- vue FoxPro 2 View
- gnl GNT Analyzer Result Data
- fk Flick App
- ovd Borland ObjectVision Source
- mnx Visual FoxPro Menu Template
.ers - PTC Creo Setup Error Report
The ERS data files are related to PTC Creo. The ERS file is a PTC Creo Setup Error Report. PTC Creo is a scalable, interoperable suite of product design software.
PTC Creo Setup Error Report related extensions:
- sdf Pervasive SQL Exported Data
- pdrp DNA Screening Crystals Data
- mjs Mijas 7400 Costing Database
- xsu UNICOM Sample User XML Data
- m_p Pro/ENGINEER Temporary Data
- bcl Illumina CASAVA Base Call
.ers - erwin Aphysical Database Schema Script
The ERS data files are related to erwin Data Modeler. The ERS file is an erwin Aphysical Database Schema Script. Erwin Data Modeler is a data modeling tool used to find, visualize, design, deploy and standardize high-quality enterprise data assets.
erwin Aphysical Database Schema Script related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ers file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ers extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ers files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ers files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ers file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ers file
To set the .ers file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ers file association. Many applications can open .ers files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ers file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
drs, eds, ees, efs, egs, er, erc, ere, erx, es, esr, ets, frs, res, rrs
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ers filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ers:
- drs Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Data
- ere EagleEyeOS Report
- res Windows Resource File
- srs Sybase PowerBuilder Structure
- efs eSignal Formula Script
- ets eSignal Time and Sales Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ers page useful, please feel free to link to this page.