FT4 file format description
Many people share .ft4 files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .ft4 file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .ft4 files.
1 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ft1 - Macromedia Freehand Template
FT1 file is a Macromedia Freehand Template. The file extension reflecting the version of Freehand that is being used to create the file (for example: ft5, ft7, ft8).
- .ft1 file format description:
- FT1 format description not yet available
- Macromedia Freehand
- Graphic files
- - / -
- ft10, ft11, ft12, ft2, ft3, ft4, ft5, ft6, ft7, ft8, ft9
- Macromedia Freehand Template related links:
- Macromedia Freehand Template related extensions:
Naturally, other applications may also use the .ft4 file extension. Even harmful programs can create .ft4 files. Be especially cautious with .ft4 files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .ft4 file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .ft4 file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ct4, tt4, rt4, ftr, fr4, dt4, t4, ftt, ft, f4
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- Fortran IV Source Code
- SAS/GIS TIGER Index to Alternate Feature Names
- Fractal Explorer Quaternion Spot
- TerrAlign Alignment Configuration
- EdgeCAM Feature Template
- Macromedia Freehand Drawing
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .ft4 file format, then write to us!