GEO file format description
Many people often share .geo files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .geo files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .geo files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .geo files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .geo file format.
11 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- VRML Geography File
- GeoPaint Image
- Carbon Graphics Geo Data File
- Map Maker Project
- Homeworld Geometry Data
- TruTops Geometry Data
- Magellan eXplorist Geocache Database
- GoldED OS/2 Compiled Configuration
- Borehole Geology File Format Data
- Houdini Geometry Data
- Movie.BYU Geometry Data
- .geo file related problems
.geo - VRML Geography File
The GEO other files are related to White Dune. The GEO file is a VRML Geography File. Virtual Reality Markup Language is a standard file format for representing 3D interactive vector graphics, designed particularly with the World Wide Web in mind. The GEO file belongs to Virtual world file that is created in the VRML format.
|Magic:||- / -|
VRML Geography File related extensions:
- kix KiXtart Script
- docklet ObjectDock Docklet
- oap Ovation Pro Applet
- q5r Melancholytron Photoshop Plug-in
- ebs Eventcorder Script
- mzd Mootzoid Plugin
.geo - GeoPaint Image
The GEO graphic files are related to XnView. The GEO file is a GeoPaint Image. GeoPaint is a drawing application that makes use of the Commodore 64's color graphics abilities.
GeoPaint Image related extensions:
- $s ZX Spectrum Hobetta Image
- 2bp Pocket PC Bitmap Image
- 2d Amapi Image
- 411 Sony Mavica Picture
- 4bt GoDot Image
- 73i TI-73 Bitmap
.geo - Carbon Graphics Geo Data File
The GEO document files are related to Carbon Graphics Geo. The GEO file is a Carbon Graphics Geo Data File. Geo is a 3D modeling and animation tool used for building, editing and animating dynamic real-time low-polygon count models and scenes.
Carbon Graphics Geo Data File related extensions:
- gly Microsoft Word Glossary Data
- kmz Compressed KML Data
- edxz Edraw Max Compressed Document
- tex LaTeX Document
- obt Microsoft Office Binder Template
- ttax Newton Dictate Transcription Document
.geo - Map Maker Project
The GEO project files are related to Map Maker. The GEO file is a Map Maker Project. Map Maker is a GIS application intended to be an easy for new users to make maps.
Map Maker Project related extensions:
- cl CLwin Project
- tv5 TValue v5 Project
- fpj CryENGINE Facial Editor Project
- emtp WeintekHMI EasyBuilder Pro Project
- ijp J Language Project
- pdy PyQtDeploy Project
.geo - Homeworld Geometry Data
The GEO game data files are related to Homeworld. The GEO file is a Homeworld Geometry Data. Homeworld is a real-time strategy computer game released in 1999, developed by Relic Entertainment and published by Sierra Entertainment.
Homeworld Geometry Data related extensions:
- aep Homeworld Game AEP Data
- anim Homeworld Animation Data
- big Homeworld Game Archive
- dustcloud Homeworld Dust Cloud Data
- events Homeworld Events Data
- flare Homeworld Flare Data
.geo - TruTops Geometry Data
The GEO data files are related to TruTops. The GEO file is a TruTops Geometry Data. TruTops is a software for programming the New Trumpf laser cutting machine.
TruTops Geometry Data related extensions:
- tvp TVP Animation Data
- jwl JustWrite Library Data
- dsce Diagnosis Scenario Data
- otvdatafile onlineTV Data
- mtp SpectraMagic NX Template
- amb AIMMS Model Base
.geo - Magellan eXplorist Geocache Database
The GEO gis files are related to Magellan MapSend. The GEO file is a Magellan eXplorist Geocache Database. Magellan eXplorist is a handheld GPS receiver unit.
Magellan eXplorist Geocache Database related extensions:
- trk Magellan eXplorist Track Data
- rmp Magellan eXplorist Raster Map
- ers ERDAS ER Mapper Image Header
- ert MGL Avionics Enigma Route File
- wlx Garmin MapSource Web Link Data
- job Survey Pro Job Settings Data
.geo - GoldED OS/2 Compiled Configuration
The GEO configuration files are related to GoldED OS/2. The GEO file is a GoldED OS/2 Compiled Configuration. GoldED is a free mail reader and editor for OS/2, Linux, DOS and Windows. The GoldED OS/2 seems to be no longer supported.
GoldED OS/2 Compiled Configuration related extensions:
- zshrc Z-Shell Runtime Configuration
- uns Visual Navigation Suite Export Settings
- hkc HTML-Kit Auto Complete Shortcuts Data
- kgr SmartConfig Configuration Data
- mnu TomTom Menu Data
- ktw KeyTweak Configuration
.geo - Borehole Geology File Format Data
The GEO data files are related to Earth Volumetric Studio. The GEO file is a Borehole Geology File Format Data. Geology data files basically contain horizontal and vertical coordinates, which describe the geometry of geologic features of the region being modeled.
Borehole Geology File Format Data related extensions:
- pgf EVS Pre Geology File
- exl JSDAI Exclusion List
- oas Outlook Attachment Sniffer Data
- wbs Webshots Screensaver
- tlv Transaction-Level Verilog Data
- cky DSOrganize Data
.bgeo - Houdini Geometry Data
The BGEO data files are related to Houdini. The BGEO file is a Houdini Geometry Data. The Houdini Engine is a compact API which extracts Houdini's core technologies into a powerful procedural engine for film and game studios to integrate into proprietary applications.
Houdini Geometry Data related extensions:
- bgeo Houdini Geometry Data
- bhclassic Houdini 11 Binary Geometry Data
- hclassic Houdini 11 ASCII Geometry Data
- hda Houdini Digital Asset Library
- hdalc Houdini Indie Digital Asset Library
- hdanc Houdini Non-commercial Digital Asset Library
.byu - Movie.BYU Geometry Data
The BYU data files are related to Movie.BYU. The BYU file is a Movie.BYU Geometry Data. Movie.BYU is a widely used program that crates its images from polygonal surface data. The Movie.BYU seems to be no longer supported.
Movie.BYU Geometry Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .geo file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .geo extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .geo files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .geo files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .geo file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .geo file
To set the .geo file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .geo file association. Many applications can open .geo files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .geo file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ego, eo, gdo, gek, gel, gep, gfo, go, goe, gro, gso, gwo, heo, neo, teo
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .geo filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .geo:
- gdo Gerber Data Object
- goe GOES Satellite Bitmap Image
- gek GECK/Papyrus Script Editor Script
- veo VERS Encapsulated Object
- gso GoldenSection Notes Data
- gro HP-48 Graphic Object
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .geo page useful, please feel free to link to this page.