GRB file format description
Many people often share .grb files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .grb files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .grb files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .grb files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .grb file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.grb - GRIB File
The GRB gis files are related to ArcGIS for Desktop. The GRB file is a GRIB File. The gridded binary format is used for the storage, transmission, and manipulation of meteorological archived data and forecast data.
|Application:||ArcGIS for Desktop|
|Magic:||- / -|
GRIB File related extensions:
- jct JCT Data
- tab GPS Pathfinder Office Station or Session Table
- nez Northing-Easting-Elevation Data
- sxw SuperMap Desktop GIS XML Workspace
.grb - GRBackPro Backup Data
The GRB archive files are related to GRBackPro. The GRB file is a GRBackPro Backup Data. GRBackPro is a data backup software for Microsoft Windows.
GRBackPro Backup Data related extensions:
- fcarch Final Cut Pro Archive
- chk TomTom Navigator Voices Archive
- mozlz4 Mozilla Firefox Portable Data
- ha HA Compressed Archive
- boa BOA Constrictor Compressed Archive
- tibkp Titanium Backup Data
.grb - MS-DOS Shell Monitor Data
The GRB data files are related to MS-DOS. The GRB file is an MS-DOS Shell Monitor Data. MS-DOS is an operating system for x86-based personal computers mostly developed by Microsoft. The MS-DOS seems to be no longer supported.
MS-DOS Shell Monitor Data related extensions:
- cpi MS-DOS Code Page Information
- do7 MS-DOS 7.0 System File
- dvd MS-DOS DVD Reader Driver
- f06 MS-DOS 6-pixel Screen Font
- f08 MS-DOS 8-pixel Screen Font
- f09 MS-DOS 9-pixel Screen Font
.gro - HP-48 Graphic Object
The GRO graphic files are related to XnView. The GRO file is a HP-48 Graphic Object. The HP-48 is a series of graphing calculators using Reverse Polish notation (RPN) and the RPL programming language. GROB (Graphic Object) is the file format used for HP48 graphics files. It encodes monochrome graphics in groups of four pixels, plus a header defining the image size.
HP-48 Graphic Object related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .grb file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .grb extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .grb files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .grb files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .grb file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .grb file
To set the .grb file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .grb file association. Many applications can open .grb files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .grb file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
brb, frb, gb, gbr, gdb, geb, gfb, ggb, gr, grf, grg, grh, grn, grv, gtb
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .grb filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .grb:
- frb Microsoft FRx DrillDown Viewer Report Book
- gdb SmartWare Business Graph Definition File
- grf Minecraft Game Rules Data
- grv PTC Creo Mill Grooving Parameter Data
- trb Turbo STK Application
- gbr Gerber Format Document
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .grb page useful, please feel free to link to this page.