GTS file format description
Many people often share .gts files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .gts files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .gts files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .gts files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .gts file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.gts - Gerber Top Solder Mask Data
The GTS data files are related to Altium. The GTS file is a Gerber Top Solder Mask Data. A Gerber File is a standard file format used by printed circuit board (PCB) fabrication houses that contains information necessary for computer controlled machines to draw exact patterns for circuit boards.
Gerber Top Solder Mask Data related extensions:
- apr Gerber Aperture Data
- g1 Gerber Inner Routing Layer 1 Data
- gbl Gerber Bottom Layer Data
- gbo Gerber Bottom Overlay Data
- gbp Gerber Bottom Paste Mask Data
- gbs Gerber Bottom Solder Mask Data
.gts - GTViewer Session File
The GTS gis files are related to GTViewer. The GTS file is a GTViewer Session File. GTViewer and Pocket GTViewer provide geospatial viewing and analysis capabilities for the office and the field.
GTViewer Session File related extensions:
- gtg GTViewer Graphics File
- gtm GTViewer Manager File
- gtn GTViewer Spatial Index File
- gtx GTViewer Extract File
.gts - CaptiveWorks PVR Video
The GTS video files are related to CaptiveWorks PVR. The GTS file is a CaptiveWorks PVR Video. CaptiveWorks is a developer of Linux based media centers. The CaptiveWorks PVR seems to be no longer supported.
CaptiveWorks PVR Video related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .gts file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .gts extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .gts files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .gts files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .gts file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .gts file
To set the .gts file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .gts file association. Many applications can open .gts files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .gts file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bts, fts, gfs, ggs, ghs, grs, gs, gst, gt, gtc, gte, gtw, gtx, gtz, hts
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .gts filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .gts:
- tts Topocad Tunnel Sections Data
- ghs Norton Ghost Spanned Image
- gst Need for Speed Game Data
- nts Lotus Traveler Bootstrap File
- ts Turbulenz Script
- gfs Groove File Sharing File
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .gts page useful, please feel free to link to this page.