GTX file format description
Many people often share .gtx files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .gtx files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .gtx files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .gtx files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .gtx file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.gtx - Genetica Texture
The GTX graphic files are related to Genetica. The GTX file is a Genetica Texture. Genetica is a powerful node-based texture generator for making seamless or tiling textures for games or other 3D work.
|Magic:||- / -|
Genetica Texture related extensions:
.gtx - GTViewer Extract File
The GTX gis files are related to GTViewer. The GTX file is a GTViewer Extract File. GTViewer and Pocket GTViewer provide geospatial viewing and analysis capabilities for the office and the field.
GTViewer Extract File related extensions:
- gtg GTViewer Graphics File
- gtm GTViewer Manager File
- gtn GTViewer Spatial Index File
- gts GTViewer Session File
.gtx - GX Text Document
The GTX document files are related to GX Text. The GTX file is a GX Text Document. GX Text is a shareware replacement for Wordpad developed by Nicholas Van Dyk. The GX Text seems to be no longer supported.
GX Text Document related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .gtx file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .gtx extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .gtx files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .gtx files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .gtx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .gtx file
To set the .gtx file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .gtx file association. Many applications can open .gtx files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .gtx file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
btx, ftx, gfx, ggx, ghx, grx, gt, gta, gtc, gtd, gts, gtz, gx, gxt, htx
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .gtx filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .gtx:
- gx Geometry Expressions Document
- gx GenX Data
- ttx TilePic Image
- gfx FactoryTalk View Display Data
- gts CaptiveWorks PVR Video
- ttx TextTransformer Tokens
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .gtx page useful, please feel free to link to this page.