HST file format description
Many people often share .hst files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .hst files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .hst files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .hst files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .hst file format.
7 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.hst - General History File
The HST file is a General History File. The HST file extensions is generally used for a "History" file in which programs store their history log, be it text, structured data, encrypted information or anything else.
|Magic:||- / -|
General History File related extensions:
- qwb Microsoft Money Data
- tic ArcInfo Coverage TIC
- kwd Klusta Kwik RAW Data
- afg Tablet Assembly Data
- s3p Akai Mesa II Program
- raa RiTE Ascii Animation
.hst - HAHTsite Site Configuration Data
The HST configuration files are related to HAHTsite IDE. The HST file is a HAHTsite Site Configuration Data. HAHTsite was a multiplatform product for Web-site application developers. The HAHTsite IDE seems to be no longer supported.
HAHTsite Site Configuration Data related extensions:
- bash_logout Bash Logout Script
- jgf JAWS Configuration
- bash_login Bash Login Script
- sam LMHOSTS Sample Data
- raskinplace Raskin Place Layout
- fsdf Fanuc Open CNC Settings Data
.hst - 3DCS Analysis Histogram Data
The HST data files are related to 3DCS. The HST file is a 3DCS Analysis Histogram Data. 3DCS is a dimensional analysis tool for performing variation analysis simulations.
3DCS Analysis Histogram Data related extensions:
- dcsdb2 3DCS Database
- hlm 3DCS Contributor Analysis Data
- mtm 3DCS Model MTM Data
- raw 3DCS Simulation RAW Data
- rel 3DCS Simulation Related List Data
- rsh 3DCS Statistics Results Data
.hst - Corel WordPerfect Office History Data
The HST data files are related to Corel WordPerfect Office. The HST file is a Corel WordPerfect Office History Data. Corel WordPerfect Office is a complete office suite developed by Corel Corporation.
Corel WordPerfect Office History Data related extensions:
- idx PTC Creo Instance Index Data
- xsc XSENSOR Software Calibration Data
- mbc Mulberry E-mail Client Cache
- imesx Microsoft Office IME Search Provider Definition
- spcolor Microsoft SharePoint Color Palette Data
- lmx VB Language Manager Pro Export Data
.hst - Yahoo! Messenger History Data
The HST data files are related to Yahoo! Messenger. The HST file is a Yahoo! Messenger History Data. Yahoo! Messenger is a popular instant messaging client provided by Yahoo!
Yahoo! Messenger History Data related extensions:
- rsds Report Server Data Source
- rlog MPICH Log Data
- dkn ONETEP Density Kernel
- epd ChessDB Extended Position Description Data
- prf MOUSE HD Results Data
- menuskin ObjectBar Menu Skin
.hst - VGA Planets Host Data
The HST game data files are related to VGA Planets. The HST file is a VGA Planets Host Data. VGA Planets is a graphical, multi-player, space strategy war game. The game simulates combat in space between galactic scale empires.
VGA Planets Host Data related extensions:
- saw Living Scenes Jigsaw Puzzles Data
- pk5 Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Package
- mdu The Suffering: Ties That Bind Game MDU Data
- wu8 Mario Kart Wii Wiimm U8 Data
- mtl Transport Fever Game Material Data
- sve Fallout 2 Subtitle Data
.hst - Netscape Navigator History Data
The HST data files are related to Netscape Navigator. The HST file is a Netscape Navigator History Data. Netscape Navigator was a proprietary web browser. It was the dominant browser in terms of usage share in the 1990s. The Netscape Navigator seems to be no longer supported.
Netscape Navigator History Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .hst file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .hst extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .hst files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .hst files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .hst file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .hst file
To set the .hst file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .hst file association. Many applications can open .hst files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .hst file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bst, gst, hct, het, hs, hsf, hsg, hsh, hsr, ht, hts, hwt, hxt, jst, mst
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .hst filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .hst:
- hs Haskell Source
- hts Steam Client Saved Game Data
- nst Nokia Star Torrent System Data
- tst TagScanner Text Transform Script
- gst Graphtec ROBO Master Template
- ht Humminbird Track Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .hst page useful, please feel free to link to this page.