IFF file format description
Many people share .iff files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .iff file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .iff files.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.iff - EA Interchange File Format
IFF file is an EA Interchange File Format data. It is a generic file format published by Electronic Arts as an open standard. IFF is chunk-based and hierarchical so files can include other files.
- .iff file format description:
- IFF format
- Multimedia files
- - / -
- EA Interchange File Format related links:
- EA Interchange File Format related extensions:
.tdi - Autodesk Maya Image File
TDI file is a Autodesk Maya Image File. Autodesk Maya is 3D computer graphics software that runs on Linux, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows, originally developed by Alias Systems Corporation and currently owned and developed by Autodesk, Inc.
- .tdi file format description:
- TDI format description not yet available
- Autodesk Maya
- Graphic files
- - / -
- Autodesk Maya Image File related links:
- Autodesk Maya Image File related extensions:
.suniff - Sun TAAC Image
SUNIFF file is a Sun TAAC Image.
- .suniff file format description:
- SUNIFF format description not yet available
- Graphic files
- - / -
- iff, taac, vff
- Sun TAAC Image related links:
- Sun TAAC Image related extensions:
Naturally, other applications may also use the .iff file extension. Even harmful programs can create .iff files. Be especially cautious with .iff files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .iff file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .iff file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ivf, ff, irf, ifv, ifr, ifd, ifb, ief, uff, icf, lff, fif, itf, igf, ift
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- CoD2 Fast File
- IGOR Pro Formatted Notebook Template File
- All Image Compressed Disk Image
- JPEG Bitmap Image
- iCE CFR Raw Data
- LucasFilm Format Image
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .iff file format, then write to us!