IHX file format description
Many people share .ihx files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .ihx file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .ihx files.
2 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ihx - IN-HEH Timeline Database
IHX file is an IN-HEH Timeline Database. IN-HEH Timeline is a historical event manager.
- .ihx file format description:
- IHX format description not yet available
- IN-HEH Timeline
- Data files
- - / -
- IN-HEH Timeline Database related links:
- IN-HEH Timeline Database related extensions:
.hex - Intel HEX Format Data
HEX file is an Intel HEX Format Data. The Intel HEX (ihex) generally known as hex file, is a format used to store machine language code in hexadecimal form. It is widely used format to store programs to be transferred to microcontrollers, ROM and EEPROM. The compilers convert the programs written in assembly, C etc into corresponding hex files, which are dumped into the controllers using burners/programmers.
- .hex file format description:
- HEX format description not yet available
- Development files
- - / -
- Intel HEX Format Data related links:
- Intel HEX Format Data related extensions:
Naturally, other applications may also use the .ihx file extension. Even harmful programs can create .ihx files. Be especially cautious with .ihx files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .ihx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .ihx file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
hix, lhx, itx, imx, ihc, igx, hx, ix, inx, ihs, iha, ibx
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- PageTech PCLTool Low Level Index File
- dtSearch Desktop Index
- iMindMap 5 Exported Document
- Haxe Source Code
- Light-O-Rama Product Firmware
- Adobe InDesign Interchange
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .ihx file format, then write to us!