INS file format description
Many people often share .ins files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ins files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ins files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ins files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ins file format.
13 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Microsoft Windows Internet Settings File
- Cakewalk Sonar Instrument Definition
- Microsoft SMS Instructions
- EPSDisk Instrument File
- HSC-Tracker Instrument
- Atari 8-bit SFDN Compressed InterPainter Image
- SHELX Instructions Data
- Adventure Game Toolkit Game Instructions Data
- InstallShield Script
- Inspiration Document
- Sample Cell II Instrument Definition
- Adlib Tracker II Instrument Data
- Corel WordPerfect INS Data
- .ins file related problems
.ins - Microsoft Windows Internet Settings File
The INS configuration files are related to Microsoft Windows. The INS file is a Microsoft Windows Internet Settings File. The INS file is the mechanism that Internet Explorer Administration Kit 7 (IEAK 7) uses to configure computers for broadband or dial-up Internet access. At the end of Internet sign-up, the Internet service provider (ISP) sign-up server creates an .ins file that contains the specified Internet settings and returns the file to the computer. The Internet sign-up option is not available for the Windows Vista operating system.
|Magic:||- / -|
Microsoft Windows Internet Settings File related extensions:
- sx2 HPXView SONET/SDH Crossconnect Configuration
- axr Advanced Archive Password Recovery Settings
- perfmoncfg Windows Performance Monitor Configuration
- acrobatsecuritysettings Adobe Acrobat Security Settings
- lfmrc Last File Manager Runtime Configuration Data
- gco Genbox Family History Chart Options
.ins - Cakewalk Sonar Instrument Definition
The INS audio files are related to Cakewalk Sonar. The INS file is a Cakewalk Sonar Instrument Definition. Cakewalk Sonar is a computer program made by Cakewalk for recording, editing, mixing, mastering and outputting music and other audio.
Cakewalk Sonar Instrument Definition related extensions:
- f4a Adobe Flash MP4 Audio Stream
- far Farandole Composer Music Module
- s3m Scream Tracker 3 Module
- nw_ Compressed NoteWorthy Composer Music
- gt2 Graoumf Tracker 2 Music Module
- a2t Adlib Tracker II Tiny Module
.ins - Microsoft SMS Instructions
The INS data files are related to Microsoft Systems Management Server. The INS file is a Microsoft Systems Management Server Instructions File. Microsoft's Systems Management Server is a comprehensive set of tools designed to aid system administrators in managing large scale deployments of Windows. SMS features an integrated centralized management scheme with support for heterogenious client environments.
Microsoft SMS Instructions related extensions:
- atc AttacheCase Encrypted File
- sgxml Case CATalyst History Data
- menu Steam Client GUI Menu Data
- fdrp Mac OS X Folder Alias Data
- amz Amazon MP3 Downloader Data
- atr PhysioBank Annotation File
.ins - EPSDisk Instrument File
The INS audio files are related to EPSDisk. The INS file is an EPSDisk Instrument File. EPSDisk is a program for reading, writing and formatting EPS disks and images on PC. It extracts and writes individual files to DOS files.
EPSDisk Instrument File related extensions:
- efe Ensoniq EPS Instrument File
.ins - HSC-Tracker Instrument
The INS audio files are related to HSC-Tracker. The INS file is a HSC-Tracker Instrument. HSC-Tracker is a tracker for the MS-DOS operating system developed by Electronic Rats. The HSC-Tracker seems to be no longer supported.
HSC-Tracker Instrument related extensions:
- hsc HSC-Tracker Song
.ins - Atari 8-bit SFDN Compressed InterPainter Image
The INS graphic files are related to Recoil. The INS file is an Atari 8-bit SFDN Compressed InterPainter Image. The Atari 8-bit family is a series of 8-bit home computers introduced by Atari, Inc.
Atari 8-bit SFDN Compressed InterPainter Image related extensions:
- 64c Commodore 64 8x8 Font Data
- a Commodore 64 SEUCK Sprite Image
- a4r Atari 8-bit Anime 4ever Image
- abk Commodore Amiga AMOS Bitmap
- acbm Commodore Amiga Continuous Bitmap Image
- afl Commodore 64 AFLI-editor Image
.ins - SHELX Instructions Data
The INS data files are related to SHELX. The INS file is a SHELX Instructions Data. SHELX is a set of programs for crystal structure determination from single-crystal diffraction data.
SHELX Instructions Data related extensions:
.ins - Adventure Game Toolkit Game Instructions Data
The INS data files are related to Adventure Game Toolkit. The INS file is an Adventure Game Toolkit Game Instructions Data. The Adventure Game Toolkit (AGT) is a development system for text based adventure games.
Adventure Game Toolkit Game Instructions Data related extensions:
- daq Data Acquisition Toolbox File
- rlt ReliaSoft Weibull++ Template
- xfr Xfrog Vegetation Graphics Data
- fedb ANSYS Workbench FE Modeler Data
- ctr BrainVoyager QX Contrast Data
- sdlxliff SDL Trados XLIFF Localization
.ins - InstallShield Script
The INS data files are related to InstallShield. The INS file is an InstallShield Script. InstallShield is a software tool for creating installers or software packages.
InstallShield Script related extensions:
- aclx InstallShield Analysis App Project
- cdf InstallShield Components Definition
- ewd3 InstallShield Internal Data
- hdr InstallShield Setup Header
- inx InstallShield Compiled Rules
- isn InstallShield Skin
.ins - Inspiration Document
The INS document files are related to Inspiration. The INS file is an Inspiration Document. Inspiration is a tool designed to help students and teachers develop ideas and organize ideas. As students brainstorm about a specific topic, Inspiration can help them diagram concept maps, webs, idea maps and other graphic organizers. The Inspiration seems to be no longer supported.
Inspiration Document related extensions:
- inf Inspiration Mind Mapping Data
- inl Inspiration Custom Symbol Library
- isf Inspiration Concept Map Document
- ist Inspiration Template Document
.ins - Sample Cell II Instrument Definition
The INS audio files are related to Awave Studio. The INS file is a Sample Cell II Instrument Definition. Sample Cell II is a hardware-sampler in the form of a pci-card wich uses memory from computer.
Sample Cell II Instrument Definition related extensions:
- arl Aureal Aspen Bank Data
- sfl Sound Forge Audio Data
- sd2f Sound Designer 2 Sound
- spx Speex Compressed Audio
- dmf X-Tracker Music Module
- dts DTS Encoded Audio File
.ins - Adlib Tracker II Instrument Data
The INS audio files are related to AdLib Tracker 2. The INS file is an Adlib Tracker II Instrument Bank. AdLib Tracker II is an 18-channel FM tracker for the OPL3-chip (or compatible) generally found on the older Soundblaster soundcards from Creative Labs.
Adlib Tracker II Instrument Data related extensions:
- cff BoomTracker 4.0 Song
- tm8 Theta Music Composer v1 Audio
- nsa Nullsoft Streaming Audio
- dtm DeFy Adlib Tracker Music
- mad Mlat Adlib Tracker Music
- zvr SAFA Voice Recorder Data
.ins - Corel WordPerfect INS Data
The INS data files are related to Corel WordPerfect. The INS file is a Corel WordPerfect INS Data. Corel WordPerfect is a word processing application.
Corel WordPerfect INS Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ins file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ins extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ins files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ins files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ins file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ins file
To set the .ins file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ins file association. Many applications can open .ins files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ins file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ibs, igs, ihs, ijs, ims, in, inc, inq, inx, inz, is, isn, jns, kns, lns
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ins filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ins:
- inx Inkscape Extension Descriptor Data
- ims IncrediMail Skin Data
- inc JAWS Include Data
- ims C64 Image System Multicolor Bitmap
- ims IMPlay Song
- kns Raynen-Qili Shoe Design System Document
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ins page useful, please feel free to link to this page.