IVI file format description
Many people share .ivi files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .ivi file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .ivi files.
2 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ivi - MSDN InfoViewer Topic Data
IVI file is a MSDN InfoViewer Topic Data. The InfoViewer is a Visual Studio component for reading Microsoft MediaView titles (MVB files), the online documentation that comes with Visual C++ itself.
- .ivi file format description:
- IVI format description not yet available
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Document files
- - / -
- MSDN InfoViewer Topic Data related links:
- MSDN InfoViewer Topic Data related extensions:
.ivif - Interchangeable Virtual Instruments File
IVIF file is an Interchangeable Virtual Instruments File. Interchangeable Virtual Instruments, or IVI, is a revolutionary standard for instrument driver software technology.
- .ivif file format description:
- IVIF format
- NI IVI Compliance Package
- Other files
- - / -
- Interchangeable Virtual Instruments File related links:
- Interchangeable Virtual Instruments File related extensions:
- Interchangeable Virtual Instruments File
Naturally, other applications may also use the .ivi file extension. Even harmful programs can create .ivi files. Be especially cautious with .ivi files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .ivi file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .ivi file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ibi, ovi, ivu, iv, igi, ici, vi, kvi, ivl, ii, idi
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- ICI Source Code
- ImmerVision XML User Interface
- I-DEAS Document
- K2Vi Data
- DB/TextWorks Last-used Settings
- LabVIEW Virtual Instrument
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .ivi file format, then write to us!