KDB file format description
Many people often share .kdb files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .kdb files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .kdb files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .kdb files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .kdb file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.kdb - Key Database File
The KDB data files are related to OpenSSL. The KDB file is a Key Dstabase File. The key database file stores personal certificates, personal certificate requests, and signer certificates.
Key Database File related extensions:
- ca OpenSSL Certificate Authority Data
- cerf Certificate Enrollment Request File
- crt Certificate File
- csr Certificate Signing Request Data
- der Certificate File
- dgst OpenSSL Message Digest Data
.kdb - KeePass v1 Password Database
The KDB data files are related to KeePass. The KDB file is a KeePass v1 Password Database. KeePass Password Safe is a free, open source, cross-platform and light-weight password management utility for Microsoft Windows, with unofficial ports for Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
KeePass v1 Password Database related extensions:
- kdbp KeePass Fast KDBP Data
- kdbx KeePass v2 Password Database
- lngx KeePass v2 Language Data
- p7mkey KeePass Certificate-protected Key
- plgx KeePass v2 Plugin
.kdb - Doobs Database
The KDB data files are related to Doobs. The KDB file is a Doobs Database. Doobs is a database viewer application for Pocket PC. The Doobs seems to be no longer supported.
Doobs Database related extensions:
- group Unix Filesystem Group Quota Data
- irtp Graphicon Interactive RealTime PHIGS
- mplog Wireshark Micropross Mplog
- tx0 Portable Radiation Package Data
- adr z-Tree Address Data
- sep SimEnhancer Profile
.kdb - kinodb Database
The KDB data files are related to kinodb. The KDB file is a kinodb Database. Kinodb is a metadata-driven development platform.
kinodb Database related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .kdb file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .kdb extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .kdb files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .kdb files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .kdb file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .kdb file
To set the .kdb file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .kdb file association. Many applications can open .kdb files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .kdb file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
db, dkb, jdb, kb, kbd, kcb, kd, kdf, kdh, kdv, keb, kfb, krb, ksb, kvb
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .kdb filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .kdb:
- db Skype Chat History Data
- kbd Parallels Desktop Keyboard Preferences Data
- kvb Klick-N-View Business Cards Data
- mdb RealSpec Emulator MB-02 Disk Image
- jdb Winphone Fax Receive Journal Data
- kdv Commanche 3 Video
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .kdb page useful, please feel free to link to this page.