KML file format description
Many people often share .kml files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .kml files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .kml files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .kml files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .kml file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.kml - Keyhole Markup Language File
The KML document files are related to Google Earth. The KML file is a Keyhole Markup Language File. It is a Keyhole Markup Language XML used by Google Earth.
|Magic:||- / -|
Keyhole Markup Language File related extensions:
- mcw Microsoft Word for Macintosh Document
- dvg Micrografx Graphics Works Document
- cdn Click'n Design 3D CD Label Document
- or6 Lotus Organizer 6 Document
- otw Origin Worksheet Template
- ftw Family Tree Maker Document
.kml - BMC Patrol Knowledge Module Library
The KML data files are related to BMC Patrol. The KML file is a BMC Patrol Knowledge Module Library. BMC Patrol is an application management suite from BMC that uses agents to report on software activities on all the servers within the enterprise.
BMC Patrol Knowledge Module Library related extensions:
- hxg Microsoft Help 2 Filter Cache
- pptmenx Egis Encrypted Powerpoint PPTM Document
- tec Tanner EDA L-edit Layout Data
- gbd Great Budget Budget Definition Data
- tkt TK Solver Data
- fb2 FAWAVE Binary Data
.kml - KEDIT Macro Library
The KML data files are related to KEDIT. The KML file is a KEDIT Macro Library. KEDIT for Windows is Mansfield Software Group's text editor for Windows.
KEDIT Macro Library related extensions:
- kex KEDIT Macro File
.kml - Hiebook Reader Ebook
The KML ebook files are related to Hiebook Reader. The KML file is a Hiebook Reader Ebook. Hiebook Reader is an ebook reader device made by Korea eBook. The Hiebook Reader seems to be no longer supported.
Hiebook Reader Ebook related extensions:
- mbp1 Amazon Kindle Touch Annotations Data
- etbz eTextbookViewer Compressed Textbook
- pkg Apple Newton eBook
- fb2 FictionBook 2 E-Book
- prc Mobipocket Reader E-Book
- htmlz Zipped HTML eBook
.kml - EMU48 KML Script
The KML data files are related to EMU48. The KML file is an EMU48 KML Script. EMU48 is an HP48 emulation program for PC.
EMU48 KML Script related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .kml file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .kml extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .kml files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .kml files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .kml file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .kml file
To set the .kml file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .kml file association. Many applications can open .kml files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .kml file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
jml, kl, kll, klm, km, kmk, kmm, kmo, kmp, lml, mkl, ml, mml, oml, uml
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .kml filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .kml:
- klm Unknown KLM File
- mml MyMailList and AddressBook Data
- mkl CAD6 Library
- uml Visual UML Model Data
- kmp Keyman Desktop Package
- oml TracePro Model
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .kml page useful, please feel free to link to this page.