LA file format description
Many people often share .la files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .la files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .la files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .la files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .la file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.la - Lossless Audio Compressed Data
The LA audio files are related to Lossless Audio. The LA file is a Lossless Audio Compressed Data. LA is a freeware lossless audio compressor that offers very high compression.
Lossless Audio Compressed Data related extensions:
- mini2sf Nintendo DS Sound Information Data
- so3 SoundBlaster Studio MP3 Audio
- lrec Inter-Tel Web Conferencing Recording
- ytil Yellow Tools Independence Instrument Library
- pna PhatNoise Audio
- mbnk Miles Sound System 10 Audio Bank
.la - Microth InPad Layout File
The LA data files are related to Microth InPad. The LA file is a Microth InPad Layout File. InPad is an input method based on an innovative, patented gesture input technology for Windows Mobile.
Microth InPad Layout File related extensions:
- lup OzWin Library Update File
- wbl OPM WAP Bookmarks Archive
- mkb DVD Audio Media Key Block
- ame CAPRA Seismic Hazard Data
- wenlintree Wenlin Software Tree Data
- vu XtalView Xfit Vector Data
.la - GNU Libtool Archive
The LA development files are related to GNU Libtool. The LA file is a GNU Libtool Archive. GNU libtool is a generic library support script. Libtool hides the complexity of using shared libraries behind a consistent, portable interface.
GNU Libtool Archive related extensions:
- rbc Rembo-C Script Source
- fex WebFOCUS Procedure File
- ssx VersaPro Smart Store Document
- fpc FreePascal Compiler Makefile
- caf CryENGINE Character Animation Data
- vfl Houdini 3D VEX Shader Source
.la - Netscape Navigator LiveAudio Data
The LA data files are related to Netscape Navigator. The LA file is a Netscape Navigator LiveAudio Data. Netscape Navigator was a proprietary web browser. It was the dominant browser in terms of usage share in the 1990s. The Netscape Navigator seems to be no longer supported.
Netscape Navigator LiveAudio Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .la file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .la extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .la files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .la files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .la file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .la file
To set the .la file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .la file association. Many applications can open .la files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .la file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
al, ia, ka, lw, lx, lz, ma, oa, pa
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .la filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .la:
- oa OpenAccess Database
- oa Cadence OrCAD OpenAccess Data
- lw Lightwave 3D Binary Data
- al Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Statistics Summary Data
- al A-Law Compressed Audio File
- lx LPEX Customization Command Profile
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .la page useful, please feel free to link to this page.