M3D file format description
Many people often share .m3d files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .m3d files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .m3d files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .m3d files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .m3d file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.m3d - DJ Mix Pro Database
The M3D data files are related to DJ Mix Pro. The M3D file is a DJ Mix Pro Database. DJ Mix Pro is a simple MP3 player with mixing capabilities. It can be used to create large playlists and to perform beat matching and cross fading between songs.
DJ Mix Pro Database related extensions:
- btskin BitTorrent Skin Data
- pfsb ParFlow Scattered Binary Data
- pth 4D Path Document
- p7b PKCS #7 Certificate Data in Base 64 Format
- bpm Battle Planner Module
- cnk Microsoft Dynamics GP Chunk Data
.m3d - Warhammer: Dark Omen 3D Model
The M3D game data files are related to Warhammer: Dark Omen. The M3D file is a Warhammer: Dark Omen 3D Model. Warhammer: Dark Omen is a real-time tactical wargame and the sequel to Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat.
Warhammer: Dark Omen 3D Model related extensions:
- los Close Combat 2 Map Data
- numdlb SSB Namco Universal Model Binary Data
- mcfunction Minecraft Function File
- gxt Grand Theft Auto 2 Text
- geo Homeworld Geometry Data
- inn Phantasmagoria Settings
.m3d - Corel MOTION 3D Scene
The M3D data files are related to Corel MOTION 3D. The M3D file is a Corel MOTION 3D Scene. Corel MOTION 3D is a 3D animation and effects application developed by Corel Corp..
Corel MOTION 3D Scene related extensions:
- kws KeyWallet Skin
- rxm Reflection X Advantage Multi-session Data
- crashed AbiWord Crash-Saved Document
- slef Spectral Library Exchange Format Data
- grd RFM Irregular Spectral Grid
- hcfg HoDoKu Configuration
.m3d - Cossacks Game Map Data
The M3D game data files are related to Cossacks. The M3D file is a Cossacks Game Map Data. Cossacks: European Wars is a real-time strategy video game for Microsoft Windows
Cossacks Game Map Data related extensions:
- hfb Hell Fighter Battle Data
- yif Mungyodance Game Data
- nav Quake 3 Bot Navigation Data
- s3t Scorched 3D Tankpack
- sc5 Locomotion Scenario Data
- rde Painkiller Overdose Game Data
.m3d - DIALux 3D Model Data
The M3D data files are related to DIALux. The M3D file is a DIALux 3D Model Data. Dialux is a free and complete lighting calculation software for professional light planning.
DIALux 3D Model Data related extensions:
- dlc DIALux Light Control Data
- dlx DIALux Project
- dxlamp DIALux Lamp Exchange Data
- ldt EULUMDAT File
- ltl DIALux Luminaire Data
- uld DIALux Unified Luminaire Data
.m3d - EverQuest 3D Model Data
The M3D game data files are related to EverQuest. The M3D file is an EverQuest 3D Model Data. EverQuest is a 3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG).
EverQuest 3D Model Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .m3d file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .m3d extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .m3d files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .m3d files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .m3d file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .m3d file
To set the .m3d file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .m3d file association. Many applications can open .m3d files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .m3d file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
3d, h3d, j3d, k3d, l3d, m3, m3c, m3r, m3s, m3v, m3x, md, md3, med, mrd
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .m3d filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .m3d:
- m3s Myst 3 Exile Saved Game
- med MOBILedit Phone Image Data
- md Sharkport Saved Game
- j3d Java 3D Data
- md3 Quake 3 Arena 3D Model Data
- n3d Nuclear Studio 3D Scene
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .m3d page useful, please feel free to link to this page.