MB file format description
Many people often share .mb files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .mb files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .mb files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .mb files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .mb file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.mb - Autodesk Maya 3D Binary Scene
The MB document files are related to Autodesk Maya. The MB file is an Autodesk Maya 3D Binary Scene. Autodesk Maya software is a powerful, integrated 3D modeling, animation, effects and rendering solution.
|Magic:||- / -|
Autodesk Maya 3D Binary Scene related extensions:
- hz Chinese Hanzi Text File
- wk1 Lotus 1-2-3 Worksheet
- vipp Variable Data Intelligent Postscript Printware File
- num Nashville Number System Chord
- jpynb Jupyter Notebook Document
- dst Micrografx Designer Template
.mb - Mathematica Binary File
The MB document files are related to Mathematica. The MB file is a Mathematica Binary File. Mathematica is a computer program used mainly in scientific, engineering and mathematical fields.
Mathematica Binary File related extensions:
- m Mathematica Package
- ma Mathematica ASCII File
- mgf Mathematica MGF Bitmap
- mx Mathematica Serialized Package
- nb Mathematica Notebook File
- nbml Mathematica NotebookML File
.mb - MapBasic Source Code
The MB development files are related to MapBasic. The MB file is a MapBasic Source Code. The MapBasic development environment is a complete, BASIC-like programming language used to create custom applications for use with MapInfo Professional or special MapInfo runtimes.
MapBasic Source Code related extensions:
.mb - Corel Paradox Memo Holder Data
The MB data files are related to Corel Paradox. The MB file is a Corel Paradox Memo Holder Data. Corel Paradox is a relational database management system published by Corel Corporation.
Corel Paradox Memo Holder Data related extensions:
- xdq Isodaq XDQ Server Data
- cbi IBM System/360 Column Binary Formatted Data
- lsq ZOOM MRS-802 Phrase Loops Data
- aidf AI BiddingCockpit 8 Specification Sheets
- ctz EFILive Calibration Tune Data
- preinst Debian Package Pre-installation Script
.mm - Kodak EasyShare Thumbnail Cache
The MM data files are related to Kodak EasyShare. The MM file is a Kodak EasyShare Thumbnail Cache. Kodak EasyShare software is used to transfer and catalog images from EasyShare camera models and can also be used with existing images (in .gif, .png, .jpg, or .tiff format) and non-Kodak digital cameras.
Kodak EasyShare Thumbnail Cache related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .mb file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .mb extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .mb files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .mb files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .mb file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .mb file
To set the .mb file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .mb file association. Many applications can open .mb files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .mb file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bm, hb, jb, kb, lb, mf, mg, mh, mn, mv, nb
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .mb filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .mb:
- mf Adobe FrameMaker Maker Data
- mf Metafont Font
- jb JBit Program
- nb Nota Bene Document
- mg MetaGuide Setup Data
- mf Open Virtual Machine Format Manifest
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .mb page useful, please feel free to link to this page.