MENU file format description
Many people often share .menu files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .menu files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .menu files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .menu files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .menu file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.menu - Quake 3 Engine Menu
The MENU game data files are related to Quake 3 Arena. The MENU file is a Quake 3 Engine Menu. Quake 3 Arena is a multiplayer-focused first-person shooter video game released in 1999.
|Application:||Quake 3 Arena|
|Category:||Game Data files|
|Magic:||- / -|
Quake 3 Engine Menu related extensions:
- lrw 4x4 Evolution Data File
- csc 18 Wheels of Steel CSC Data
- it2 IT2 Game Level
- rdzip Rhythm Doctor Custom Level
- brseq Binary Revolution Sequence Data
- psdl Midtown Madness 2 City Data
.menu - Zoom Player Menu Text Data
The MENU data files are related to Zoom Player. The MENU file is a Zoom Player Menu Text Data. Zoom Player is an easy-to-use multimedia file player.
Zoom Player Menu Text Data related extensions:
- zsq Luxmate iZSQ Sequence Data
- cio SWAT Master Watershed Data
- pair NimbleGen Pair Report Data
- xpm Micro Planner Manager Data
- cib Concordance Imagebase File
- vddl OpenGL Volumizer VDDL Data
.menu - Infinity Engine Menu Data
The MENU game data files are related to Baldurs Gate. The MENU file is an Infinity Engine Menu Data. Infinity Engine is a game engine which allows the creation of isometric role-playing video games.
Infinity Engine Menu Data related extensions:
- jkb Quake 3 Arena Bot AI Data
- srdi Danganronpa V3 Model Data
- svt Torchlight Saved Game
- eff EverQuest Effects Data
- rfc Ravenfield Content Archive
- phz Algodoo Phun Zipped Scene
.menu - IAR System Device Selection Data
The MENU development files are related to IAR Embedded Workbench. The MENU file is an IAR System Device Selection Data. IAR Systems provides completely integrated kits for development of embedded applications based on ARM, 8051, MSP430 and R8C/M16C/M32C.
IAR System Device Selection Data related extensions:
- zasm Zero Compiler Assembly Source Code
- dxv Dyalog APL External Variable Data
- xdk XML Development Kit Project
- imp FileMaker Pro Import Data Filter
- gluaw Programmer's Notepad Text
- cal Cakewalk Application Language Script
.menu - Steam Client GUI Menu Data
The MENU data files are related to Steam. The MENU file is a Steam Client GUI Menu Data. Steam is a digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation, which offers digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer gaming, video streaming and social networking services.
Steam Client GUI Menu Data related extensions:
- acf Steam Application Cache Data
- alt Steam ALT Data
- cachedmsg Valve Steam Cache Data
- crash Steam Crash Data
- csm Steam Client Game Backup Data
- dmp Steam Client Dump Data
.menu - macOS SystemUIServer MenuExtra Plugin
The MENU data files are related to macOS. The MENU file is a macOS SystemUIServer MenuExtra Plugin. macOS (Mac OS X) is a Unix operating system developed and marketed by Apple Inc. since 2001.
macOS SystemUIServer MenuExtra Plugin related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .menu file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .menu extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .menu files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .menu files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .menu file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .menu file
To set the .menu file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .menu file association. Many applications can open .menu files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .menu file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
enu, men, meu, mnu
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .menu filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .menu:
- enu ATI Radeon Video Driver Data
- mnu Total Commander Menu Language Data
- mnu SmartWare Menu Keywords Data
- men MenuPro Menu Document
- mnu TomTom Menu Data
- mnu LabVIEW Palette Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .menu page useful, please feel free to link to this page.