MS file format description
Many people often share .ms files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ms files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ms files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ms files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ms file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ms - Autodesk 3D Studio Max Script
The MS data files are related to Autodesk 3D Studio MAX. The MS file is a Autodesk 3D Studio Max Script. 3D Studio MAX is a 3D graphics modeling and rendering program.
|Application:||Autodesk 3D Studio MAX|
|Magic:||- / -|
Autodesk 3D Studio Max Script related extensions:
- dt4 BioSonics DT-X Data
- acq AcqKnowledge Data
- mz2 Maze-Solver Data
- oro 3WayPack T3Rotate Output
- uds Veritas NetBackup UNIX Domain Socket
- ppm Nokia Phone Post Programmable Memory Data
.ms - Modula-3 Intermediate Assembly Code
The MS development files are related to EzM3. The MS file is a Modula-3 Intermediate Assembly Code. Modula-3 is a modern programming language that supports interfaces, objects, generics, lightweight threads of control, the isolation of unsafe code, garbage collection, exceptions, and subtyping. The EzM3 seems to be no longer supported.
Modula-3 Intermediate Assembly Code related extensions:
- b Modula-3 Base Program
- i3 Modula-3 Interface Source Code
- ig Modula-3 Generic Interface Source Code
- is Modula-3 Intermediate Assembly File
- ixx Modula-3 Linker Information Data
- mc Modula-3 Intermediate Language Code
.ms - Maxwell Render Script
The MS data files are related to Maxwell Render. The MS file is a Maxwell Render Script. Maxwell Render is a software package that aids in the production of photorealistic images from computer 3D model data. It is a 3D renderer.
Maxwell Render Script related extensions:
- fd LaTeX Font Definition Data
- ghf SE309 Binary Data
- qbi Intuit QuickBooks Image file
- polys Ribbons Polygon Definition
- mdb Nastran Modal Database
- actm Autodesk AutoCAD Action Macro
.ms - Maple Worksheet
The MS document files are related to Maple. The MS file is a Maple Worksheet. Maple is a commercial computer algebra system developed and sold commercially by Maplesoft.
Maple Worksheet related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ms file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ms extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ms files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ms files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ms file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ms file
To set the .ms file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ms file association. Many applications can open .ms files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ms file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
hs, js, ks, ls, mc, me, mq, mw, mx, mz, ns, sm
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ms filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ms:
- ls LayaAir Scene Data
- mx MATLAB Common Matrix Routines Data
- ns netCDF Data
- js Esko Automation Engine Job Sheet Data
- mw MacWrite Text Document
- hs Hyperstudio Stack Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ms page useful, please feel free to link to this page.