MTL file format description
Many people often share .mtl files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .mtl files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .mtl files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .mtl files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .mtl file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.mtl - Alias Wavefront Material Data
The MTL graphic files are related to Autodesk Maya. The MTL file is an Alias Wavefront Material Data. Material library files contain one or more material definitions, each of which includes the color, texture, and reflection map of individual materials. These are applied to the surfaces and vertices of objects. Material files are stored in ASCII format and have the .mtl extension.
|Magic:||- / -|
Alias Wavefront Material Data related extensions:
- eve Embedded Vector Editor Diagram
- fbo Fujitsu AutoGraFX Bitmap Object
- pat Gimp Pattern
- psdx Adobe Photoshop Touch Document
- wah WAH-Encoded Bitmap
- yal Arts and Letters Clipart Library
.mtl - Amazon Lumberyard Material Data
The MTL development files are related to Amazon Lumberyard. The MTL file is an Amazon Lumberyard Material Data. Amazon Lumberyard is a free, cross-platform, 3D game engine that allows you to create high-quality games, connect your games to the compute and storage of the AWS Cloud.
Amazon Lumberyard Material Data related extensions:
- psl BMC Patrol Script Language Script
- dg DataFlex Dialog Box Source Code
- noq NOQ Source Code
- rspag ABB RobotStudio Pack and Go Archive
- resources Visual Studio .NET Resources Data
- db2tr Microsoft Visual Studio DB2 Trigger Script
.mtl - Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Material Data
The MTL game data files are related to Men of War: Assault Squad 2. The MTL file is a Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Material Data. Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is a real-time strategy game set in World War II.
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Material Data related extensions:
- vxl Tiberian Sun Voxel Animation
- sfd Crysis Movie Data
- save The Sims 4 Saved Game
- j2b Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Music
- cbd ChessBase Hash File of Doubles Data
- ntrk Pacific Fighters Online Track
.mtl - Mastercam Mill Tool Library
The MTL data files are related to Mastercam. The MTL file is a Mastercam Mill Tool Library. Mastercam is a computer-aided design (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM) tool that was created by CNC Software.
Mastercam Mill Tool Library related extensions:
- ge3 Mastercam Geometry Data
- hcode Mastercam HASP Code
- mc7 Mastercam 7 Document
- mc8 Mastercam 8 Document
- mc9 Mastercam 9 Document
- mcx Mastercam X Document
.mtl - Transport Fever Game Material Data
The MTL game data files are related to Transport Fever. The MTL file is a Transport Fever Game Material Data. Transport Fever is a railroad-focused tycoon game for Microsoft Windows.
Transport Fever Game Material Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .mtl file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .mtl extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .mtl files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .mtl files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .mtl file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .mtl file
To set the .mtl file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .mtl file association. Many applications can open .mtl files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .mtl file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
htl, jtl, ktl, ltl, mfl, mgl, mhl, ml, mlt, mrl, mt, mti, mtk, mtm, mto
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .mtl filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .mtl:
- ktl LILO Boot Loader Data
- mt MonkeyTalk Script
- tl OpenTL Data
- ml MusicLineEditor Audio Data
- mtp SpectraMagic NX Template
- mfl MADRIX Fixture Library
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .mtl page useful, please feel free to link to this page.