MWS file format description
Many people often share .mws files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .mws files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .mws files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .mws files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .mws file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.mws - IBM MWave DSP Synth Instrument Extract
The MWS audio files are related to Awave Studio. The MWS file is an IBM MWave DSP Synth Instrument Extract. Mwave was a technology developed by IBM allowing for the combination of telephony and sound card features on a single adapter card.
|Magic:||- / -|
IBM MWave DSP Synth Instrument Extract related extensions:
- atak Soundscape Audio-Take Data
- koala Koala Sampler Song
- nkr Kontakt Resource Container
- nkx Kontakt Monolith Container
- vmd Covox Raw Sample
- xm FastTracker 2 Music Module
.mws - Maple Classic Worksheet
The MWS document files are related to Maple. The MWS file is a Maple Classic Worksheet. Maple is a commercial computer algebra system developed and sold commercially by Maplesoft.
Maple Classic Worksheet related extensions:
- hdb Maple Help Database
- ind Maple Repository Index File
- lib Maple Repository Data File
- lid Maple Setup Data
- m Maple Internal Format File
- maple Maple Workbook Document
.mws - Medlin Payroll Software Statement Layout Data
The MWS data files are related to Medlin Payroll Software. The MWS file is a Medlin Payroll Software Statement Layout Data. Medlin Payroll Software is a payroll preparation software application created by Medlin Accounting for the purpose of managing payroll for a large number of employees.
Medlin Payroll Software Statement Layout Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .mws file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .mws extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .mws files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .mws files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .mws file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .mws file
To set the .mws file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .mws file association. Many applications can open .mws files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .mws file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
hws, jws, kws, lws, mas, mds, mes, mqs, ms, mss, msw, mw, mwc, mwe, mww
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .mws filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .mws:
- mwz MicroWorlds Pro Compressed Project
- ws WordStar Document
- hws Hedgewars Saved Game
- mds Media Descriptor for Disk Image
- mss Miles Sound System DLS 1 and XMI Data
- mwe MotionWorks IEC Express Project
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .mws page useful, please feel free to link to this page.