PH file format description
Many people often share .ph files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ph files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ph files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ph files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ph file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ph - PHYLIP Format
The PH data files are related to PHYLIP. The PH file is a PHYLIP Format. HYLIP, the PHYLogeny Inference Package is composed of 35 programs that is used for inferring phylogenies or evolutionary trees.
|Magic:||- / -|
PHYLIP Format related extensions:
- phylip PHYLIP Discrete Data
.ph - ZOOM MRS-802 Phrase Audio Data
The PH audio files are related to ZOOM MRS-802. The PH file is a ZOOM MRS-802 Phrase Audio Data. The MRS-802 is a multi-track audio recording system by Zoom.
ZOOM MRS-802 Phrase Audio Data related extensions:
- mss Miles Sound System DLS 1 and XMI Data
- jwf Buzz Jacinth Waveform Audio
- fzf Casio FZ-1 Full Dump
- sdk Roland S-550 Disk Image
- vdjsample VirtualDJ Sample Data
- w7v Yamaha Motif ES Voice Data
.ph - Perl Header
The PH development files are related to Perl. The PH file is a Perl Header. Perl is a general-purpose programming language originally developed for text manipulation and now used for a wide range of tasks including system administration, web development, network programming, GUI development, and more.
Perl Header related extensions:
- ephtml Enhanced Perl-parsed HTML
- p5 Perl v5 Script
- pl Perl Script
- pl6 Perl v6 Script
- pm Perl Module
- pm5 Perl 5 Module
.ph - Windows Help Phrase-table Data
The PH data files are related to Visual Studio. The PH file is a Windows Help Phrase-table Data. Microsoft Windows Help is a system set forth by Microsoft to assist users with support topics for the Windows operating system.
Windows Help Phrase-table Data related extensions:
- freshcontact Navigon Mobile Navigator Contact Data
- wzcloud WinZip Cloud Data
- ipfix Internet Protocol Flow Information Export Protocol Data
- nope Navicat for Oracle Exported Table
- fmw FME Workbench
- tfa TreeSoft CashFlow Analysis Data
.bn - NewsRoom Document
The BN document files are related to XnView. The BN file is a NewsRoom Document. The NewsRoom is a DTP type program for the Atari 8-bit home computer.
NewsRoom Document related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ph file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ph extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ph files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ph files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ph file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ph file
To set the .ph file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ph file association. Many applications can open .ph files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ph file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
hp, lh, oh, pb, pg, pj, pm, pn, pt, pu, py
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ph filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ph:
- pb PureBasic Source Code
- pm Pidgin IM Module
- pj Project64 Saved State File
- py Yahoo! Messenger Saved Messages Data
- pg STK Propagator File
- pt pop!site HTML Page Template
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ph page useful, please feel free to link to this page.