PHY file format description
Many people often share .phy files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .phy files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .phy files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .phy files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .phy file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.phy - Valve Source Collision Model Data
The PHY development files are related to Valve Source SDK. The PHY file is a Valve Source Collision Model Data. PHY is the extension for Source's proprietary collision model data format. It stores data for the rigid or jointed (ragdoll) collision model used by the MDL. The Source engine is a 3D game engine developed by Valve Corporation. It debuted in October 2004 with Half-Life 2.
|Application:||Valve Source SDK|
|Magic:||- / -|
Valve Source Collision Model Data related extensions:
- mspx Microsoft Presentation Framework Page
- hie GHC HI Extended
- fmt IAR System Formatting Data
- swiftpm Swift Package Manager Data
- c-- Sphinx C-- Language Source Code
- srd Sybase PowerBuilder DataWindow
.phy - PhyMod Physical Modeling Data
The PHY data files are related to PhyMod. The PHY file is a PhyMod Physical Modeling Data. PhyMod is a software-based Physical Modelling synthesiser.
PhyMod Physical Modeling Data related extensions:
- glk Gallery Lock Pro Locked Image
- drc OMA DRM Rights Object WebXML
- rgt Intuit Quickbooks Temporary File
- cbb DB/TextWorks SQL Textbase Structure Definition
- mcs Pro/ENGINEER ModelCheck Start Configuration Data
- fpz IBM Rational Focal Point Data
.phy - Spicemod ASIC Data
The PHY data files are related to SpiceMod. The PHY file is a SpiceMod ASIC Data. SpiceMod is a simple program designed to help engineers produce accurate SPICE models for thousands of semiconductors.
Spicemod ASIC Data related extensions:
- adf Act! Database File
- dsc Softimage 3D Scene
- don OpenOffice.org Log
- cmf CorelDraw Metafile
- dvl Active Safety System Communication Log
- wenlinfc Wenlin Software Flashcards Data
.phy - Autodesk 3D Studio Max Physique Data
The PHY data files are related to Autodesk 3D Studio MAX. The PHY file is an Autodesk 3D Studio Max Physique Data. 3D Studio is a 3D graphics modeling and rendering program.
Autodesk 3D Studio Max Physique Data related extensions:
- fgl Inno Setup Component Definitions Data
- cvl ARGUS Valuation-Capitalisation Export File
- gbf Great Budget Fringe Definition Data
- asmdat Extech Light Meter Archive Data
- cdf CryENGINE Character Definition Data
- ift BSL Inverse Fourier Transform Data
.ph - PHYLIP Format
The PH data files are related to PHYLIP. The PH file is a PHYLIP Format. HYLIP, the PHYLogeny Inference Package is composed of 35 programs that is used for inferring phylogenies or evolutionary trees.
PHYLIP Format related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .phy file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .phy extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .phy files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .phy files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .phy file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .phy file
To set the .phy file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .phy file association. Many applications can open .phy files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .phy file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
hpy, ph, phg, phj, pht, phu, pny, pty, py, pyh
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .phy filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .phy:
- pht PHP Script
- py Python Script
- phg Unknown PHG File
- hpy Guppy-PE Profiler Data
- phu PicoQuant Time Tagged File
- py Yahoo! Messenger Saved Messages Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .phy page useful, please feel free to link to this page.