PKG file format description
Many people often share .pkg files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .pkg files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .pkg files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .pkg files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .pkg file format.
13 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Sony Playstation 3 Package
- Microsoft SMS Distribution Manager Package
- Mac OS X Installer Package
- Apple Newton eBook
- InstallShield Compiled Setup Package
- DataFlex Compiled Package
- MicroSim PCBoard External Package Definition
- P-CAD Package
- CoCreate OneSpace Packaged Data
- HERE Maps for Android Package
- Midtown Madness 2 Geometry Data
- Automise ActionDefs Package
- Symbian OS Package
- .pkg file related problems
.pkg - Sony Playstation 3 Package
The PKG file is a Sony Playstation 3 Package. The PlayStation 3 (PS3) is the third home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. PKG file is compressed and encrypted package for PS3 console.
|Magic:||- / -|
Sony Playstation 3 Package related extensions:
- zpg ZQuest Editor Graphics Pack
- cpz Central Point Shrink Archive
- dur DURILCA Compressed Archive
- lzo LZOP Compressed File
- jbackup The Journal Backup Archive
- sit5 StuffIt 5 Archive
.pkg - Microsoft SMS Distribution Manager Package
The PKG archive files are related to Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS). The PKG file is a Microsoft SMS Distribution Manager Package. Distribution Manager is the SMS (Systems Management Server) component that distributes packages from the site server to the SMS distribution points and that initiates the sending of the package to other sites.
Microsoft SMS Distribution Manager Package related extensions:
- ppkg Windows ICD Provisioning Package
- tzx Unraid OS Application Package
- spb Samsung Kies Contacts Backup
- sfu Omnifi DMP1 System Firmware Update
- msu Microsoft Windows Vista Update Package
- asdb Asphyre Sphinx v2 Archive File
.pkg - Mac OS X Installer Package
The PKG archive files are related to Mac OS X Installer. The PKG file is a Mac OS X Installer Package. Installer is an application included in Mac OS X which extracts and installs files out of PKG packages.
Mac OS X Installer Package related extensions:
- avasttheme Avast Antivirus Theme Data
- sda Pretty Good Privacy Self-Decrypting Archive
- irz iROS Application Package
- bff AIX Backup File Format
- lgbackup LG G7 Phone Backup Archive
- mdc MedDC Mail Pouch Data
.pkg - Apple Newton eBook
The PKG file is an Apple Newton eBook. The Newton platform is a personal digital assistant developed by Apple Inc. An Apple Newton book, a single Newton package file can contain multiple books (for example, the three books of a trilogy might be packaged together).
|Magic:||- / -|
Apple Newton eBook related extensions:
- fb2 FictionBook 2 E-Book
- prc Mobipocket Reader E-Book
- htmlz Zipped HTML eBook
- rzn Red Zion Notes
- enews Mobipocket Reader eNews Data
- xks IBM Softcopy Reader PDF Extended Bookshelf File
.pkg - InstallShield Compiled Setup Package
The PKG archive files are related to InstallShield. The PKG file is an InstallShield Compiled Setup Package. InstallShield is a software tool for creating installers or software packages.
InstallShield Compiled Setup Package related extensions:
- aclx InstallShield Analysis App Project
- cdf InstallShield Components Definition
- ewd3 InstallShield Internal Data
- hdr InstallShield Setup Header
- ins InstallShield Script
- inx InstallShield Compiled Rules
.pkg - DataFlex Compiled Package
The PKG data files are related to DataFlex. The PKG file is a DataFlex Compiled Package. DataFlex is an advanced object-oriented 4GL designed for developing database applications in character mode environments.
DataFlex Compiled Package related extensions:
- bad DataFlex Bad File
- bpo DataFlex Business Process Object
- dat DataFlex Database File
- dd DataFlex Data Dictionary
- dfr DataFlex Registration Data
- dg DataFlex Dialog Box Source Code
.pkg - MicroSim PCBoard External Package Definition
The PKG data files are related to MicroSim PCBoard. The PKG file is a MicroSim PCBoard External Package Definition. MicroSim PCBoard is a printed circuit board (PCB) layout tool. The MicroSim PCBoard seems to be no longer supported.
MicroSim PCBoard External Package Definition related extensions:
- sankey e!Sankey Data
- s2l Spike2 Library
- fpt Alpha Five Memo Data
- vdt VEDA Topology File
- lp LaTeX Drawing Data
- xpf Xemod Project Data
.pkg - P-CAD Package
The PKG data files are related to P-CAD. The PKG file is a P-CAD Package. P-CAD is a CAD (Computer Aided Design) program for Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design.
P-CAD Package related extensions:
.pkg - CoCreate OneSpace Packaged Data
The PKG archive files are related to CoCreate. The PKG file is a CoCreate OneSpace Packaged Data. CoCreate is a complete design environment, offering 3D CAD, 2D CAD, CAE and integrated product data management.
CoCreate OneSpace Packaged Data related extensions:
- ami CoCreate SolidDesigner Annotation Data
- bdl CoCreate Bundle Data
- mi CoCreate Document
- sda CoCreate OneSpace Assembly Data
- sdac CoCreate OneSpace Assembly Container Data
- sdpc CoCreate SolidDesigner Data
.pkg - HERE Maps for Android Package
The PKG gis files are related to HERE Maps. The PKG file is a HERE Maps for Android Package. HERE Maps is a maps and navigation application for Android and iOS.
HERE Maps for Android Package related extensions:
- sddraft ArcGIS Service Definition Draft Data
- sa6 DeLorme Street Atlas 6 Map Data
- rd5 Survey Pro Road Alignment Data
- dbf ArcInfo Shapefile Attribute Table Data
- mapsdata Apple Maps Data
- ovf Orbit Vector Data
.pkg - Midtown Madness 2 Geometry Data
The PKG game data files are related to Midtown Madness 2. The PKG file is a Midtown Madness 2 Geometry Data. Midtown Madness 2 is a 2000 open world racing PC game.
Midtown Madness 2 Geometry Data related extensions:
- table High Heat Baseball 2000 Game Data
- gfx Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness Image
- rpkg Hitman Game Package
- per Age of Empires Personality Data
- uqm The Ur-Quan Masters Game Data
- tfc Unreal Engine 3 Texture File Cache
.pkg - Automise ActionDefs Package
The PKG archive files are related to Automise. The PKG file is an Automise ActionDefs Package. Automise is an easy to use task automation tool for Microsoft Windows.
Automise ActionDefs Package related extensions:
- atp Automise Project
- atpinf Automise Project Information
- atpz Automise Compressed Project
- atx5 Automise 5 XML Project
- atz3 Automise 3 Project
- atz4 Automise 4 Project
.pkg - Symbian OS Package
The PKG archive files are related to SymbianOS. The PKG file is a Symbian OS Package. Symbian is a discontinued mobile operating system (OS) and computing platform designed for smartphones The SymbianOS seems to be no longer supported.
Symbian OS Package related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .pkg file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .pkg extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .pkg files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .pkg files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .pkg file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .pkg file
To set the .pkg file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .pkg file association. Many applications can open .pkg files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .pkg file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
kg, kpg, lkg, pg, pjg, pk, pkb, pkf, pkh, pkn, pkr, pkt, pkv, pky, plg
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .pkg filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .pkg:
- pkt EtherPeek Collected Packets Data
- pkt Cisco Packet Tracer Network Simulation Model
- pg CASIO FX-Link-Kit Graphic Data
- pug Pug Markup Language Document
- kg KAGSA Source Code
- pkh Oracle Package Header
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .pkg page useful, please feel free to link to this page.