POL file format description
Many people often share .pol files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .pol files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .pol files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .pol files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .pol file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.pol - Windows Group Policy File
The POL other files are related to Microsoft Windows Server. The POL file is a Windows Group Policy File. The Administrative Templates extension of Group Policy saves information in the Group Policy template in Registry.pol files. These files contain the customized registry settings that you specify (by using the Group Policy snap-in) to be applied to the Machine (HKLM) or User (HKCU) portion of the registry.
|Application:||Microsoft Windows Server|
|Magic:||- / -|
Windows Group Policy File related extensions:
- innd INN MOTD Document
- cpr PV-WAVE Compiled Procedure
- fzs FilZip Backup Script
- vmhf VMware ACE Hot Fix
- fl1 Lenovo Bios Update
- ffw Festo Device Firmware
.pol - InnovMetric Polyworks Modeler 3D Model
The POL data files are related to Polyworks Modeler. The POL file is an InnovMetric Polyworks Modeler 3D Model. PolyWorks Modeler is a complete reverse-engineering software solutions, enabling users to extract pivotal CAD entities from polygonal models from digitized parts.
InnovMetric Polyworks Modeler 3D Model related extensions:
- bdf BSDiff Patch
- syg SYSTAT Graph
- pob Punch! Home Design 3D Object
- wwtl WorldWide Telescope Layer Data
- mxs Carlson 2016 Multiple Cross Sections Data
- rtmp RTMP Stream Data
.pol - AscToHTM Policy Data
The POL data files are related to AscToHTM. The POL file is an AscToHTM Policy Data. AscToHTM is a tool that lets you automatically convert your text to HTML web pages, allowing you to quickly post newsletters, tables and other documents online.
AscToHTM Policy Data related extensions:
- ns MongoDB Namespace File
- nmdb NoiseMap Database
- sab2 NVision 3D Scanner Data
- apb LonWorks Binary Neuron Application Image File
- catshape CATIA Shape Data
- hs6lic HyperSnap License Data
.pol - Unreal Engine Polish Language Data
The POL data files are related to Unreal Engine. The POL file is an Unreal Engine Polish Language Data. The Unreal Engine is a widely-used game engine developed by Epic Games.
Unreal Engine Polish Language Data related extensions:
- qbs Navicat for MySQL Query Builder Tables Data
- ipr TINA Interpreter File
- pkgmeta Bukkit Package Metadata
- btpl BluffTitler Playlist
- lasso PLINK LASSO Data
- nbi Nero BackItUp Information File
.pol - Personal Paint Polish Language Data
The POL data files are related to Personal Paint. The POL file is a Personal Paint Polish Language Data. Personal Paint was an image editor for Commodore Amiga, with 8-bit palette-based pixel editing features. The Personal Paint seems to be no longer supported.
Personal Paint Polish Language Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .pol file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .pol extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .pol files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .pol files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .pol file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .pol file
To set the .pol file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .pol file association. Many applications can open .pol files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .pol file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lol, ol, ool, opl, pil, pkl, pl, pll, plo, po, po1, poi, pok, pom, poo
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .pol filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .pol:
- ol PTC Creo Model File
- pl Harvard Graphics Palette Data
- pop Pegasus Mail POP3 Session Log
- pl SWI-Prolog Source Code
- pom Apache Maven Build
- pil ICUpilot Patient Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .pol page useful, please feel free to link to this page.