PP file format description
Many people often share .pp files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .pp files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .pp files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .pp files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .pp file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.pp - FreePascal Source Code
The PP development files are related to FreePascal. The PP file is a FreePascal Source Code. FreePascal is a free, portable, open source, Pascal and Object Pascal compiler. The 32/64-bit multi-architecture and multi-operating system compiler implements the Borland Pascal dialects (Turbo Pascal and Delphi) as well as some MacPascal constructs, and is available for most common operating systems.
|Magic:||- / -|
FreePascal Source Code related extensions:
- fpc FreePascal Compiler Makefile
- oo FreePascal Object
- ow FreePascal 1.0.x Object
- pp1 FreePascal GO321v1 Compiled Unit
- ppl FreePascal Shared Library
- ppu FreePascal Compiled Unit
.pp - Commodore 64 Pixel Perfect Bitmap
The PP graphic files are related to Recoil. The PP file is a Commodore 64 Pixel Perfect Bitmap. The Commodore 64 (C64) is an 8-bit home computer introduced in January 1982 by Commodore International.
Commodore 64 Pixel Perfect Bitmap related extensions:
- 64c Commodore 64 8x8 Font Data
- a Commodore 64 SEUCK Sprite Image
- a4r Atari 8-bit Anime 4ever Image
- abk Commodore Amiga AMOS Bitmap
- acbm Commodore Amiga Continuous Bitmap Image
- afl Commodore 64 AFLI-editor Image
.pp - Amiga PowerPacker Compressed Archive
The PP archive files are related to PowerPacker. The PP file is an Amiga PowerPacker Compressed Archive. PowerPacker is a file compression utility and compressed file format for Amiga computers. The PowerPacker seems to be no longer supported.
Amiga PowerPacker Compressed Archive related extensions:
- qar Altera Quartus II Project Archive
- wapt WAPT Package
- mbz Moodle Backup Data
- lhw LhWarp Compressed Archive
- ghp GitHub Software Package
- ocb Oxygen Forensic Detective Cloud Backup Archive
.pp - Topocad Polygon Point Coordinate Data
The PP data files are related to Topocad. The PP file is a Topocad Polygon Point Coordinate Data. Topocad is a topographic CAD application that works with survey data from the field.
Topocad Polygon Point Coordinate Data related extensions:
- dtm Topocad Digital Terrain Model
- pxy Topocad Coordinate Data
- sur Topocad Survey Data
- tat Topocad Attributes Data
- tcf Topocad Camber Diagram
- tcs Topocad Cross Sections
.pas - Pascal/Delphi Source Code
The PAS development files are related to Delphi. The PAS file is a Pascal/Delphi Source Code. Pascal is an influential imperative and procedural programming language. Embarcadero Delphi is an integrated development environment (IDE) for console, desktop graphical, web, and mobile applications. Delphi's compilers use their own Object Pascal dialect of Pascal.
Pascal/Delphi Source Code related extensions:
- dmt Delphi Menu Template
- dpr Delphi Project
- gbk Delphi Runimage iblocal Examples Data
- groupproj Delphi Project Group
- hdx Delphi MultiHelp Index
- idb Pascal/Delphi Database
.pd - Perl Data Language PreProcessor Data
The PD development files are related to Perl Data Language. The PD file is a Perl Data Language PreProcessor Data. PDL (Perl Data Language) is a set of array programming extensions to the Perl programming language.
Perl Data Language PreProcessor Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .pp file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .pp extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .pp files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .pp files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .pp file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .pp file
To set the .pp file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .pp file association. Many applications can open .pp files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .pp file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lp, op, pl, po
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .pp filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .pp:
- op eSignal OptionsPlus Data
- lp LaTeX Drawing Data
- pl BRL-CAD 2D Plot Data
- op Entrypoint 90 Operator Profile Data
- lp NASCAR Racing 2002 Track Configuration Data
- lp Lightscape Preparation File
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .pp page useful, please feel free to link to this page.