PRC file format description
Many people often share .prc files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .prc files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .prc files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .prc files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .prc file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.prc - Mobipocket Reader E-Book
The PRC ebook files are related to Mobipocket Reader. The PRC file is a Mobipocket Reader E-Book document.
|Magic:||- / -|
Mobipocket Reader E-Book related extensions:
- htmlz Zipped HTML eBook
- rzn Red Zion Notes
- enews Mobipocket Reader eNews Data
- xks IBM Softcopy Reader PDF Extended Bookshelf File
- ebt Adobe Acrobat Ebook Document
- azw3 Amazon Kindle Format 8 Ebook
.prc - Visual Studio .NET DB Project Stored Procedure
The PRC development files are related to Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. The PRC file is a Visual Studio .NET DB Project Stored Procedure.
Visual Studio .NET DB Project Stored Procedure related extensions:
- momd Xcode Managed Object Model Bundle Package
- nib Apple Interface Builder Resources
- rmuf Alpha Five Runtime Users Data
- fxml JavaFX Interface Description
- sprite2 Scratch v2 Sprite
- cmt OCaml CMT Data
.prc - Uniface Global Proc Data
The PRC development files are related to Uniface. The PRC file is a Uniface Global Proc Data. Uniface is a development and deployment platform for enterprise applications that can run in a large range of runtime environments, including mobile, mainframe, web, Service-oriented architecture, Windows, Java EE and .NET.
Uniface Global Proc Data related extensions:
- aps Uniface Startup Shell Data
- asn Uniface Assignment Data
- dol Uniface Global Object Data
- dsp Uniface Dynamic Server Page
- dvc Uniface Device Translation Table
- edc Uniface Entity Descriptor Data
.prc - PathAway Map
The PRC gis files are related to PathAway. The PRC file is a PathAway Map. PathAway is an outdoor navigation app for smartphones.
PathAway Map related extensions:
- agv ArcGIS Video Metadata
- sdm Spatial Data Modeling Language Data
- vrt GDAL Virtual Format
- img OpenMap Raster Geo Data
- fx4 Fugawi Raster Map
- nfs Navigon 3D Terrain Data
.prc - Palm OS Resource Code
The PRC data files are related to Palm OS. The PRC file is a Palm OS Resource Code. Palm OS is a discontinued mobile operating system initially developed by Palm, Inc. The Palm OS seems to be no longer supported.
Palm OS Resource Code related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .prc file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .prc extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .prc files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .prc files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .prc file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .prc file
To set the .prc file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .prc file association. Many applications can open .prc files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .prc file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lrc, orc, pc, pcr, pdc, pec, pfc, pgc, pr, prd, prf, prs, prv, prx, ptc
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .prc filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .prc:
- orc Heroes of Might and Magic IV ORC Data
- pfc Presto! PageManager Data
- prf ArchiCAD Favorites Data
- prs Calyx Point Prospect Data
- ptc iPack Patch
- prd SoftMaker Presentations Document
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .prc page useful, please feel free to link to this page.