PRF file format description
Many people often share .prf files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .prf files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .prf files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .prf files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .prf file format.
15 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Microsoft Outlook Profile
- Polychrome Recursive Format Image
- Xilinx CORE Generator Preferences
- ArchiCAD Favorites Data
- BasicX Preferences File
- MOUSE HD Results Data
- hyperMILL CAM Profile Data
- Plot Station Plot Request Data
- Fastgraph Bitmap Graphics Data
- Monarch Portable Report
- QuarkXPress Preferences Data
- FileNet eForms Form Preferences Data
- ClarisWorks Preferences Data
- Adobe Director Preferences Data
- PICS Rules Data
- .prf file related problems
.prf - Microsoft Outlook Profile
The PRF data files are related to Microsoft Outlook. The PRF file is a Microsoft Outlook exported profile. The PRF file is a text file with syntax that Microsoft Outlook uses to generate a profile.
|Magic:||- / -|
Microsoft Outlook Profile related extensions:
- moba MobaXterm Data
- cff ColorImpact Color Formula
- a2r Agilent MicroLab A2R Data
- pdb Ribbons Protein Databank
- ffelash FaceFilter Eye Lash Data
- nps NeroMIX Data
.prf - Polychrome Recursive Format Image
The PRF graphic files are related to XnView. The PRF file is a Polychrome Recursive Format Image. PRF (polychrome recursive format) is an image file format. It is an extension of mrf (monochrome recursive format), created by Russell Marks.
Polychrome Recursive Format Image related extensions:
- $s ZX Spectrum Hobetta Image
- 2bp Pocket PC Bitmap Image
- 2d Amapi Image
- 411 Sony Mavica Picture
- 4bt GoDot Image
- 73i TI-73 Bitmap
.prf - Xilinx CORE Generator Preferences
The PRF configuration files are related to Xilinx CORE Generator. The PRF file is a Xilinx CORE Generator Preferences. The Xilinx CORE Generator is a software tool for generating and delivering parameterizable cores optimized for Xilinx FPGAs.
Xilinx CORE Generator Preferences related extensions:
- mkp Cinestar Remote Control Configuration
- avp Avira AntiVirus Profile Data
- amgp Antimicro Profile Data
- tr2 Borland Turbo Debugger Session-state Settings Data
- txp Tweaking Toolbox XP Settings Data
- mdpf Mac OS X Modem Preferences Data
.prf - ArchiCAD Favorites Data
The PRF data files are related to GraphiSoft ArchiCAD. The PRF file is an ArchiCAD Favorites Data. ArchiCAD is an architectural CAD-software developed by the Hungarian company Graphisoft.
ArchiCAD Favorites Data related extensions:
- signature e-Filing Signature Data
- dwr Dreamweaver Saved Query
- 3r Advent 3B2 Raster Image
- ovl E-Sword v8 Overlay Data
- eks Metapraxis Empower Data
- 323 H.323 IP Telephony Data
.prf - BasicX Preferences File
The PRF development files are related to BasicX. The PRF file is a BasicX Preferences File. BasicX is a free programming language designed specifically for NetMedia's BX-24 microcontroller and based on the BASIC programming language. The PRF file contains initialization and configuration information.
BasicX Preferences File related extensions:
- bxb BasicX Compiled Bytecode
- bxm BasicX Variables Map
- bxp BasicX Project
- mpx BasicX Compiler Map Data
.prf - MOUSE HD Results Data
The PRF data files are related to MOUSE. The PRF file is a MOUSE HD Results Data. MOUSE is an advanced, powerful, and comprehensive surface runoff, open channel flow, pipe flow, water quality and sediment transport modeling package for urban drainage systems, storm water sewers and sanitary sewers.
MOUSE HD Results Data related extensions:
- crf MOUSE Runoff Data
- hgf MOUSE Hydrological File
- mpr MOUSE Project
- und MOUSE Urban Network Datafile
.prf - hyperMILL CAM Profile Data
The PRF data files are related to hyperMILL. The PRF file is a hyperMILL CAM Profile Data. HyperMILL is a modular and flexible CAM solution for 2.5D, 3D and 5-axis milling as well as mill turning and machining operations such as high-speed cutting (HSC) and high-performance cutting (HPC), with everything integrated in a single interface.
hyperMILL CAM Profile Data related extensions:
- bnd hyperMILL CAM Boundary Data
- hmrep hyperMILL CAM Geometry Data
- omx hyperMILL CAM Temporary Calculation Data
.prf - Plot Station Plot Request Data
The PRF data files are related to Plot Station. The PRF file is a Plot Station Plot Request Data. eQuorum Plot Station plotting software controls printing, plotting, and digital file conversion.
Plot Station Plot Request Data related extensions:
- ici AMPAC ICI Data
- wld Adobe Acrobat Distiller WLD Data
- dbr DB/TextWorks Database
- flxprt OnScale Command Log Data
- skn Symbian OS Skin Data
- bb DVIPDFM Output Data
.prf - Fastgraph Bitmap Graphics Data
The PRF graphic files are related to Fastgraph. The PRF file is a Fastgraph Bitmap Graphics Data. Fastgraph is a general purpose Windows CE graphics library. The Fastgraph seems to be no longer supported.
Fastgraph Bitmap Graphics Data related extensions:
- mef Mamiya RAW Image
- sir Solitaire Image Recorder Image
- cdr CorelDraw Drawing
- glox Microsoft Office SmartArt Graphics Layout
- jig Puzzle Image
- hcm Atari 8-bit Hard Color Map Image
.prf - Monarch Portable Report
The PRF document files are related to Monarch. The PRF file is a Monarch Portable Report. Monarch is a desktop-based self-service data preparation solution. Monarch connects to multiple data sources including structured and unstructured data, cloud-based data, and big data.
Monarch Portable Report related extensions:
- mge MacGAMUT Mini Demo Data
- mdf JetForm Design Template
- ztx C.a.R. Exported Image
- step ISO 10303 STEP Document
- qdl Cue Description Language Document
- dcz DynaCAD Document
.prf - QuarkXPress Preferences Data
The PRF configuration files are related to QuarkXpress. The PRF file is a QuarkXPress Preferences Data. QuarkXPress is a computer application for creating and editing complex page layouts in a WYSIWYG environment.
QuarkXPress Preferences Data related extensions:
- a$v QuarkXPress Automatically Saved Project
- asv QuarkXPress Autosave Data
- cust QuarkXPress for Mac Custom Data
- dcs QuarkXPress Desktop Color Separation Data
- dcs Desktop Color Separation Image
- qcd QuarkXPress Article Data
.prf - FileNet eForms Form Preferences Data
The PRF data files are related to IBM FileNet eForms Designer. The PRF file is a FileNet eForms Form Preferences Data. IBM FileNet eForms Designer is a powerful forms design application that runs on the client desktop.
FileNet eForms Form Preferences Data related extensions:
- mf4 ASAM Measurement Data Format File
- udf Windows NT Uniqueness Database File
- bmi Autodesk 3D Studio Max BMI Plugin
- nid Nikon Capture IPTC Data
- spa Unreal Engine Spanish Language Data
- gdf GEOS Dictionary Data
.prf - ClarisWorks Preferences Data
The PRF configuration files are related to AppleWorks. The PRF file is a ClarisWorks Preferences Data. ClarisWorks is an integrated office application, which provides word processing, graphics, illustration, spreadsheet, charting/graphing, presentation and database capabilities.
ClarisWorks Preferences Data related extensions:
- ast ClarisWorks Assistant
- cdrw ClarisWorks ClarisDraw Data
- claf ClarisWorks Font
- cw3 ClarisWorks 3 Document
- cwc ClarisWorks Color Palette
- cwdb ClarisWorks Database
.prf - Adobe Director Preferences Data
The PRF configuration files are related to Adobe Director. The PRF file is an Adobe Director Preferences Data. Adobe Director is a multimedia application authoring platform created by Macromedia, now part of Adobe Systems.
Adobe Director Preferences Data related extensions:
- j92 Javelin Configuration
- schemas Amaya Schemas Configuration
- bgi BgInfo Configuration
- xcfg BC4J Configuration
- hcm IBM HCM Configuration
- xvm VMware Server Console Configuration
.prf - PICS Rules Data
The PRF data files are related to Microsoft Internet Explorer. The PRF file is a PICS Rules Data. The PICS specification enables labels (metadata) to be associated with Internet content. It was originally designed to help parents and teachers control what children access on the Internet, but it also facilitates other uses for labels, including code signing and privacy.
PICS Rules Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .prf file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .prf extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .prf files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .prf files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .prf file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .prf file
To set the .prf file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .prf file association. Many applications can open .prf files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .prf file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lrf, orf, pdf, pef, pf, pff, pfr, pgf, pr, prb, prc, prd, pre, prg, prr
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .prf filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .prf:
- rf RealFlash Clip
- rf Autodesk Land Desktop Rainfall Frequency Data
- prg WAVmaker Program
- prt Doom 3 Particles Data
- ptf PlayStation Portable Theme Data
- prt SmartWare Printer Driver
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .prf page useful, please feel free to link to this page.