PRG file format description
Many people often share .prg files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .prg files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .prg files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .prg files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .prg file format.
12 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.prg - Visual FoxPro Program
The PRG development files are related to Visual FoxPro. The PRG file is a Visual FoxPro Program. Visual FoxPro is a data-centric object-oriented and procedural programming language produced by Microsoft.
|Magic:||- / -|
Visual FoxPro Program related extensions:
- c AutoCAD Development System C Source Code
- rej Mercurial Reject Data
- res Windows Resource File
- wrx Progress OpenEdge ActiveX Properties
- framework Xcode Applicatiuon Framework Data
- lss LotusScript Source Code
.prg - Harbour Module
The PRG project files are related to Harbour. The PRG file is a Harbour Module. Harbour is a free software compiler for the xBase superset language Clipper.
Harbour Module related extensions:
- hbp Harbour Project
.prg - WAVmaker Program
The PRG audio files are related to WAVmaker. The PRG file is a WAVmaker Program. WAVmaker is a program dedicated to the task of rendering MIDI files into WAV files.
WAVmaker Program related extensions:
- zar Sony PlayStation 2 Audio Data
- ins HSC-Tracker Instrument
- ivc InterVoice Audio Data
- afp Alesis Fusion Program
- m4r iPhone Ringtone
- nist HTK NIST SPHERE Data
.prg - xBase++ Program
The PRG development files are related to xBase++. The PRG file is an xBase++ Program. Xbase++ is a Clipper compatible development platform for 32- and 64-bit Windows operating systems.
xBase++ Program related extensions:
- smcl Stata SMCL Log
- mpsy CodeWarrior Debugger Symbols Data
- ael Asterisk Extension Language Source Code
- plog PVS-Studio XML Analyzer Report
- inn Micro Focus COBOL Overlay File
- tcut TestComplete Unit Testing Project Data
.prg - RPG Toolkit Program
The PRG data files are related to RPG Toolkit. The PRG file is an RPG Toolkit Program. The RPG Toolkit is a free, open source project delivering a simple, flexible and powerful tool for the creation of role-playing games on your personal computer.
RPG Toolkit Program related extensions:
- kli WUFI Climate Data
- gvfx Microvellum Global File
- pn Powernoodle File
- wsmo WildTangent Motion Data
- d3p DigitalPrintLab 3 Data
- dmu Musicnizer Database
.prg - CA-Clipper Program Source Code
The PRG development files are related to CA-Clipper. The PRG file is a CA-Clipper Program Source Code. CA-Clipper is a complete application development system that can be customized to fit real-life operational requirements. The CA-Clipper seems to be no longer supported.
CA-Clipper Program Source Code related extensions:
- ce CA-Clipper Workbench Application Data
- ch CA-Clipper Clipper Header
- clp CA-Clipper Compiler Script
- lif CA-Clipper Compressed Archive
- pll CA-Clipper Prelinked Library
- ppo Clipper Pre-processed Output File
.prg - PC-DMIS Part Program
The PRG data files are related to PC-DMIS. The PRG file is a PC-DMIS Part Program. PC-DMIS is a popular CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machines) software for the collection, evaluation, management and presentation of manufacturing data.
PC-DMIS Part Program related extensions:
.prg - Akai MPC2000 Program
The PRG data files are related to Akai MPC2000. The PRG file is an Akai MPC2000 Program. The Akai MPC2000 is a professional and user-expandable 64-track sampler-sequencer workstation.
Akai MPC2000 Program related extensions:
- sn3 ChessDB Name Data
- vmol Viewmol Data
- s85 Sabre Airline Solutions Chart
- adix XML-based ADIF File
- sign GNU Privacy Guard Signature Data
- ss Sam Spade Script
.prg - GEM Application
The PRG application files are related to GEM. The PRG file is a GEM Application. GEM (Graphical Environment Manager) was Digital Research's GUI (or a WIMP in the original), written in the 1980s. GEM is known primarily as the graphical user interface (GUI) for the Atari ST series of computers, and was also supplied with a series of IBM PC-compatible computers from Amstrad. The GEM seems to be no longer supported.
GEM Application related extensions:
.prg - ABB RobotStudio RAPID Program
The PRG data files are related to ABB RobotStudio. The PRG file is an ABB RobotStudio RAPID Program. ABB RobotStudio is a PC application for modeling, offline programming, and simulation of robot cells.
ABB RobotStudio RAPID Program related extensions:
- prp IBM Rational Rose Module Properties Data
- hsh Microsoft IIS Metabase Hash File
- eam Sybase PowerDesigner Enterprise Architecture Model
- loh IGV Loss of Heterozygosity Data
- oz Opera Job Management Compressed File
- 3pg 3D Digital Gallery Data
.prg - Atari ST Program
The PRG application files are related to SainT Emulator. The PRG file is an Atari ST Program. The Atari ST is a home/personal computer that was released by Atari Corporation in 1985.
Atari ST Program related extensions:
- s2a SEAL 2 Application
- spss SPSS Script
- 83p TI-83 Calculator Program
- etk ETcl Kit
- dek Eavesdropper Batch
- ore Ore Executable
.prg - Sharp MZ-series Emulator Program
The PRG data files are related to Sharp MZ. The PRG file is a Sharp MZ-series Emulator Program. The Sharp MZ is a series of personal computers sold in Japan and Europe by Sharp beginning in 1978.
Sharp MZ-series Emulator Program related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .prg file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .prg extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .prg files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .prg files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .prg file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .prg file
To set the .prg file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .prg file association. Many applications can open .prg files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .prg file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lrg, org, pdg, peg, pfg, pg, pgg, pgr, pr, prb, prf, prh, prn, prr, prt
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .prg filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .prg:
- prt Solid Edge Parts Document
- ptg PowerTeacher Gradebook Configuration
- org Sound Blaster Pro Organ Audio
- pgr PowerGREP Saved Result File
- prf Plot Station Plot Request Data
- prn DataFlex Graphic Device Driver
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .prg page useful, please feel free to link to this page.