PRX file format description
Many people often share .prx files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .prx files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .prx files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .prx files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .prx file format.
7 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.prx - Windows Media Encoder Settings
The PRX configuration files are related to Windows Media Encoder. The PRX file is a Windows Media Encoder Settings. Windows Media Encoder Profile data is stored on disk in the form of an XML file with the .prx file name extension.
|Application:||Windows Media Encoder|
|Magic:||- / -|
Windows Media Encoder Settings related extensions:
- ptron Proxomitron Configuration Data
- mxu MultiExchange Unit Configuration File
- wfw Windows Firewall Exported Rules
- rin RappInfo PostScript Converter Configuration
- cn3 Cn3D Data
- top Zemax Tolerance Settings Data
.prx - Lucene Positions File
The PRX data files are related to Apache Lucene. The PRX file is a Lucene Positions File. Apache Lucene is a free/open source information retrieval software library, originally created in Java by Doug Cutting. The PRX file stores position information about where a term occurs in the index.
Lucene Positions File related extensions:
- ca3 Casio WK-1800 Save All Data
- mgt SWAT Management Input Data
- fcat Fact200 Categories Data
- lrpreview Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Preview
- xej Microsoft Expression Encoder Job
- rslkey Resilio Sync Key
.prx - KNX ETS v2 Project
The PRX project files are related to KNX ETS. The PRX file is a KNX ETS v2 Project. ETS stands for Engineering Tool Software; a manufacturer independent configuration software tool to design and configure intelligent home and building control installations with the KNX system
KNX ETS v2 Project related extensions:
- iqp ITEM QRAS Project
- wyt Cast Soft wysiwyg Template
- tscproj Camtasia Studio v9 Project
- and Apadana Project
- argo ArgoUML Project
- tv3 TValue v3 Project
.prx - Atari ST PRX Executable
The PRX application files are related to SainT Emulator. The PRX file is an Atari ST PRX Executable. The Atari ST is a home/personal computer that was released by Atari Corporation in 1985.
Atari ST PRX Executable related extensions:
- rwn TAS Compiled Executable
- app Cybiko Computer Application
- frs Flash Renamer Script
- bblm BBEdit Language Module
- hws Hollywood Script
- waf Internet Explorer Cache
.prx - Visual FoxPro Compiled Program
The PRX development files are related to Microsoft Visual Studio. The PRX file is a Visual FoxPro Compiled Program. Visual FoxPro is a data-centric object-oriented and procedural programming language produced by Microsoft.
Visual FoxPro Compiled Program related extensions:
- bcc Borland C++ Makefile
- uit UIX XML Page Template
- mdx Multidimensional Expressions Script
- dacpac Microsoft SQL Server Data Tier Application Package
- pyt Python Declarations Data
- omk Ocera Make System Script
.prx - Primavera P3 Compressed Project
The PRX project files are related to Primavera P3. The PRX file is a Primavera P3 Compressed Project. Primavera P3 is a software tool for organizing, planning, and managing activities, projects, and resources.
Primavera P3 Compressed Project related extensions:
- st45 SuperCard Trial Project
- mxproject STM32CubeMX Project
- chmprj Abee CHM Maker Project
- vf Vegas Movie Studio Project
- cdprj CD Menu Creator Project
- ttp TextTransformer Project
.pro - COREX Prosodic Annotation Data
The PRO data files are related to COREX. The PRO file is a COREX Prosodic Annotation Data. COREX is the CORpus EXploitation software by means of which the Spoken Dutch Corpus (CGN) can be exploited.
COREX Prosodic Annotation Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .prx file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .prx extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .prx files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .prx files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .prx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .prx file
To set the .prx file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .prx file association. Many applications can open .prx files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .prx file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lrx, orx, pdx, pex, pfx, pgx, pr, pra, prc, prd, prs, prz, ptx, px, pxr
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .prx filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .prx:
- prs CorelDraw Print Style
- ptx Adobe Pagemaker Template
- lrx Sony BBeB E-Book
- pr Sun Icon/Cursor
- prc Palm OS Resource Code
- ptx E-Transcript Document
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .prx page useful, please feel free to link to this page.