PTS file format description
Many people often share .pts files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .pts files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .pts files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .pts files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .pts file format.
9 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.pts - ENVI Ground Control Point File
The PTS data files are related to ENVI. The PTS file is a ENVI Ground Control Point File. ENVI (ENvironment for Visualizing Images) is a software application used to process and analyze geospatial imagery. Ground Control Point file used in image processing of remote sensing data.
ENVI Ground Control Point File related extensions:
- adj ADS40 Orientation Adjustment Data
- ads ADS40 Header Data
- ann ENVI Annotation Data
- bll ENVI Bad Lines List
- cam ADS40 Camera Calibration Data
- cff ENVI Calibration Factors Data
.pts - Abbyy FineReader Data
The PTS data files are related to Abbyy FineReader. The PTS file is an Abbyy Finereader data file. Abbyy FineReader is an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and PDF conversion application.
Abbyy FineReader Data related extensions:
- ofsi Oxygen Forensic Detective UICC Image
- eulumdat EULUMDAT Data
- tags abcAVI Tag Editor Tags Data
- kismac KisMAC Webservice
- bpk Blaise Database BPK Data
- snag SnagIt Capture File
.pts - PTGui Project
The PTS project files are related to PTGui. The PTS file is a PTGui Project. PTGui is panoramic image stitching software for Windows and macOS. Originally started as a Graphical User Interface for Panorama Tools (hence the name), PTGui has evolved into a full featured, industry leading photo stitching application.
PTGui Project related extensions:
- ptgbatch PTGui Batch
.pts - Infinity Engine Tileset Data
The PTS game data files are related to Baldurs Gate. The PTS file is an Infinity Engine Tileset Data. Infinity Engine is a game engine which allows the creation of isometric role-playing video games.
Infinity Engine Tileset Data related extensions:
- dnp Eudemons Online Data
- str FIFA 2002 Music Data
- llm Second Life Linden Lab Mesh
- wgm Chalk Data
- bld SimCity 3000 Building Architect Building Data
- dso Tribes 2 Game DSO Data
.pts - RSView Machine Edition Project Settings Data
The PTS data files are related to RSView Machine Edition. The PTS file is an RSView Machine Edition Project Settings Data. RSView Machine Edition is software for developing and running human-machine interface (HMI) projects.
RSView Machine Edition Project Settings Data related extensions:
- c2o Titan Capture Visualiser Data
- trk LP Ripper Track Analysis Data
- apa RSView Application Manager Archive
- tmpl Xfire User Interface Template
- xen Xenus Link Sleuth Saved Results Data
- pfl Corel Paint Shop Pro Fine Leather Preset
.pts - Half-Life Map Creation Debug Data
The PTS game data files are related to Half-Life. The PTS file is a Half-Life Map Creation Debug Data. Half-Life is a first-person shooter game developed by Valve and published by Sierra Studios for Windows in 1998.
Half-Life Map Creation Debug Data related extensions:
- hl1 Half-Life Saved Game
- hull Half-Life Map Collision Hull Data
- mdl Half-Life Game Model Data
- qc Half-Life Model Compiler Script
- spr Half-Life Sprite Data
- void Half-Life Map Voids Data
.pts - PTC Creo Points Coordinate Data
The PTS data files are related to PTC Creo. The PTS file is a PTC Creo Points Coordinate Data. PTC Creo is a scalable, interoperable suite of product design software.
PTC Creo Points Coordinate Data related extensions:
- lac Cognos Local Authentication Cache
- _14 Altair FEKO Temporary Storage Data
- vvm BlackBerry 10 Visual Voicemail Data
- msj MicroSurvey CAD Temporary Data
- pcf Cisco VPN Client Profile Configuration
- rvt IEX Workforce Management Report
.pts - Docklight Script
The PTS development files are related to Docklight. The PTS file is a Docklight Script. Docklight is a testing, analysis and simulation tool for serial communication protocols.
Docklight Script related extensions:
- ptp Docklight Project
.pts - Leica Cyclone Point Cloud Data
The PTS data files are related to Leica Cyclone. The PTS file is a Leica Cyclone Point Cloud Data. Leica Cyclone is a point cloud processing and analysis software, specially designed for use in laser scanning applications.
Leica Cyclone Point Cloud Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .pts file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .pts extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .pts files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .pts files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .pts file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .pts file
To set the .pts file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .pts file association. Many applications can open .pts files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .pts file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lts, ots, pfs, pgs, phs, prs, ps, pst, pt, pt5, ptc, pte, ptq, ptw, ptx
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .pts filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .pts:
- prs SoftMaker Presentations Slide Show
- pgs DALiM LiTHO Vector Page
- pst STAR-CD v3 Results Data
- ptc MultitrackStudio Patch Data
- ptx Rayman 2 Game PTX Data
- ts MPEG-2 Transport Stream
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .pts page useful, please feel free to link to this page.