PUB file format description
Many people often share .pub files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .pub files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .pub files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .pub files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .pub file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.pub - Corel Ventura Publisher Publication
The PUB document files are related to Corel Ventura. The PUB file is a Corel Ventura Publisher publication.
|Magic:||- / -|
Corel Ventura Publisher Publication related extensions:
- xps NetSim Lab Documentation Data
- qb2005 Intuit QuickBooks 2005 Document
- spr Brother Powernote Spreadsheet
- twiki Eclipse IDE WikiText Document
- oo3template OmniOutliner 3 Document Template
- sti StarOffice Impress Template
.pub - Microsoft Publisher Document
The PUB document files are related to Microsoft Office Publisher. The PUB file is a Microsoft Publisher Document. Microsoft Office Publisher is a desktop publishing application from Microsoft. It is an entry-level desktop publishing application.
Microsoft Publisher Document related extensions:
- vbk Visual CADD Backup
- pcq Pfaff Embroidery Document
- tpt Tru-Designer Presentation Template
- abc Business Card Maker Document
- xpdl XML Process Definition Language Document
- sls8 Microsoft Excel 98 for Mac Template
.pub - OpenSSH Public Key Data
The PUB data files are related to OpenSSH. The PUB file is an OpenSSH Public Key Data. OpenSSH is a suite of security-related network-level utilities based on the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol, which help to secure network communications via the encryption of network traffic over multiple authentication methods and by providing secure tunneling capabilities.
OpenSSH Public Key Data related extensions:
- krl OpenSSH Key Revocation Lists Data
- ssh OpenSSH Configuration Data
- ssh2 OpenSSH Client Configuration Data
.pub - Print Perfect Gold Template
The PUB document files are related to Print Perfect Gold. The PUB file is a Print Perfect Gold Template. Print Perfect Gold is a creative printing software developed by Cosmi. The Print Perfect Gold seems to be no longer supported.
Print Perfect Gold Template related extensions:
- infopathxml Microsoft InfoPath XML Form
- xdv XeTeX Extended DVI Document
- ecx Chordastic Export
- ov6 Sharp Printer Overlay Document
- itmz iThoughtsHD Document
- rsf RapidSketch Settings Data
.pub - PGP Public Keyring Data
The PUB data files are related to PGP. The PUB file is a PGP Public Keyring Data. PGP, which stands for Pretty Good Privacy, is a widely available encryption program that lets you protect files and electronic mail.
PGP Public Keyring Data related extensions:
- ctx Pretty Good Privacy Cipher Text Data
- pgp PGP Security Signature/Key
- pgr Pretty Good Privacy Groups Data
- prvkr PGP Private Keyring Data
- pubkr PGP Public Keyring Data
- rnd PGP Random Seed Data
.pub - NeoBook Publication Source Data
The PUB data files are related to NeoBook. The PUB file is a NeoBook Publication Source Data. NeoBook is a multimedia authoring/application building system for creating interactive e-books, presentations, catalogs, kiosks, educational/training materials, CD interfaces, and more.
NeoBook Publication Source Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .pub file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .pub extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .pub files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .pub files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .pub file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .pub file
To set the .pub file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .pub file association. Many applications can open .pub files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .pub file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
lub, oub, pb, pbu, phb, pib, pjb, pkb, pu, puf, pug, pun, pyb, ub
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .pub filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .pub:
- pib Platform Independent Binary
- pbu PowerBASIC DOS Compiled Unit
- pyb Brython Script
- pb PureBasic Source Code
- pug PUG Archive
- pjb IBM InfoSphere Information Server Manager Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .pub page useful, please feel free to link to this page.