RAD file format description
Many people often share .rad files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .rad files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .rad files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .rad files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .rad file format.
7 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.rad - Radiance Scene
The RAD document files are related to Radiance. The RAD file is a Radiance Scene. Radiance is a suite of tools for performing lighting simulation originally written by Greg Ward. It includes a renderer as well as many other tools for measuring the simulated light levels. It uses ray tracing to perform all lighting calculations, accelerated by the use of an octree data structure.
|Magic:||- / -|
Radiance Scene related extensions:
- amb Radiance Ambient Data
- cal Radiance Function File
- dat Radiance Data File
- hdr Radiance Map Data
- oct Radiance Octree
- rgbe Radiance RGB Map Data
.rad - Reality AdLib Tracker Song
The RAD audio files are related to Reality AdLib Tracker. The RAD file is a Reality AdLib Tracker Song. Reality Adlib Tracker is a 9-channel OPL2 adlib tracker for MS-DOS.
Reality AdLib Tracker Song related extensions:
- nabs Native Instruments Absynth 5 Patch
- amr Adaptive Multi-Rate Audio
- tkm Panasonic SD Voice Editor Data
- wusikpack Wusikstation Sound Package
- ima4 IMA 4-bit ADPCM Compressed Audio
- xopus Exient XGS OPUS Audio Data
.rad - RFM Radiance Spectrum File
The RAD data files are related to RFM. The RAD file is a RFM Radiance Spectrum File. The RFM is a GENLN2-based line-by-line radiative transfer model originally developed at AOPP, Oxford University, under an ESA contract to provide reference spectral calculations for the MIPAS instrument launched on the ENVISAT satellite in 2002.
RFM Radiance Spectrum File related extensions:
- atm RFM Atmospheric Profile Data
- cov RFM Covariate Table
- grd RFM Irregular Spectral Grid
- ils RFM Instrument Line Shape File
- svd RFM SVD-compressed Look-Up Table
- tan RFM Tangent Altitudes File
.rad - Citrix XenApp Rapid Application Delivery Data
The RAD development files are related to Citrix XenApp. The RAD file is a Citrix XenApp Rapid Application Delivery Data. Citrix XenApp is an application virtualization software that can also be used to virtualize desktops by transmitting the entire desktop screen instead of individual applications.
Citrix XenApp Rapid Application Delivery Data related extensions:
- eld EasyLanguage Document
- pb PureBasic Source Code
- spt ESPL Programming File
- playground Xcode Playground File
- svelte Svelte Source Code
- fw4 Framework IV File
.rad - VRAD Lights Data
The RAD development files are related to Valve VRAD. The RAD file is a VRAD Lights Data. Valve VRAD is a command-line tool that takes a compiled BSP map and embeds lighting data into it.
VRAD Lights Data related extensions:
- bog Niagara Ax BOG File
- pkd Turbo Pascal for DOS Compressed Batch Data
- lst GCC Assembler Listing File
- vcs Valve Source Engine Shader
- rll Microsoft Resource Library
- pli PL/I Source Code
.rad - Radar ViewPoint Radar Data
The RAD data files are related to Radar ViewPoint. The RAD file is a Radar ViewPoint Radar Data. Radar ViewPoint is a radar data analysis tool for Microsoft Windows. The Radar ViewPoint seems to be no longer supported.
Radar ViewPoint Radar Data related extensions:
- imotion iClone Motion Capture Data
- abt ABC-View Manager Thumbnail
- rrt Rhapzode Resource Template
- dztr Cyberlink PowerDirector Data
- snp SQL Compare Snapshot Data
- kmf Kwalitan Memo File
.rad - WinDev RAD Information
The RAD development files are related to WinDev. The RAD file is a WinDev RAD Information. WinDev is an integrated development environment (IDE) fourth generation language (4GL), first published by PC SOFT in 1993, which is based upon a run-time engine (framework).
WinDev RAD Information related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .rad file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .rad extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .rad files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .rad files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .rad file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .rad file
To set the .rad file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .rad file association. Many applications can open .rad files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .rad file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ad, ard, dad, ead, fad, gad, ra, rac, rae, raf, rar, ras, rav, raw, rax
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .rad filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .rad:
- fad LightJockey Fader Data
- rav Easy Timesheets Data
- rda Ready Ace accounting data
- raw Bruker RAW Data
- ard Alan MAP 600 Map Data
- rar WinRAR Archive
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .rad page useful, please feel free to link to this page.