RMX file format description
Many people often share .rmx files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .rmx files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .rmx files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .rmx files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .rmx file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.rmx - RealJukebox Secure Media Clip
The RMX audio files are related to Real Player. The RMX file is a RealSystem Secure Media Clip. RMX files recorded in RealJukebox with security turned on can only be played on the machine upon which they were recorded.
|Magic:||- / -|
RealJukebox Secure Media Clip related extensions:
- dab Digital Audio Broadcasting File
- bse Bedevilled Sound Engine File
- ad3 3-bit ADPCM Compressed Audio
- sc68 SC68 Music
- elp HotRecorder Proprietary Audio
- ring Grandstream IP Phone Ringtone
.rmx - Reference Manager Index Data
The RMX data files are related to Reference Manager. The RMX file is a Reference Manager Index Data. Reference Manager was a commercial reference management software package sold by Thomson Reuters.
Reference Manager Index Data related extensions:
- pdcdm Sybase PowerDesigner Conceptual Data Model
- gim Sony PlayStation 3 Game Icon
- sgcul Case CATalyst User Layout Data
- mnu Autodesk AutoCAD Menu Definition
- fdata NONMEM Data
- ses Zemax Session Data
.rmk - Remark Office OMR Remark Data
The RMK data files are related to Remark Office OMR. The RMK file is a Remark Office OMR Remark Data. Remark Office OMR is a leading Windows based forms-processing software package for surveys and tests.
Remark Office OMR Remark Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .rmx file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .rmx extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .rmx files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .rmx files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .rmx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .rmx file
To set the .rmx file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .rmx file association. Many applications can open .rmx files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .rmx file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
dmx, emx, fmx, gmx, mrx, mx, rlx, rm, rma, rmc, rmd, rms, rmz, rnx, rx
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .rmx filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .rmx:
- emx eMusic Download File
- rmc RootsMagic Chart
- rmz Microsoft Outlook Exported Rules Data
- mx Modula-3 Linker Information
- rms Retek Merchandising System Settings
- gmx GroupMail Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .rmx page useful, please feel free to link to this page.