RUN file format description
Many people often share .run files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .run files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .run files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .run files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .run file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.run - Runscanner Scan Result
The RUN data files are related to Runscanner. The RUN file is a Runscanner Scan Result. RunScanner is a freeware windows system utility which scans your system for all running programs, autostart locations, drivers, services and hijack points. The Runscanner seems to be no longer supported.
Runscanner Scan Result related extensions:
- tpl Act! Template Data
- linf LinF Source Code
- wtx 3DCS Model Data
- xxi GameSpy Arcade Data
- tri Greg Hood Binary Triangles Data
- eft Finale Enigma Transportable Data
.run - Softworks Basic Data
The RUN development files are related to Softworks BASIC. The RUN file is a Softworks Basic Data. Softworks BASIC is a compiled BASIC for the Atari ST computers. The Softworks BASIC seems to be no longer supported.
Softworks Basic Data related extensions:
- seestyle Coda Style Sheet
- alan Alan v3 Source Code
- vbhtml Razor VB Web Page
- bxm BasicX Variables Map
- pvd ParaView VTK Data Object
- gxp Google XML Pages File
.run - ISAPI Loader Data
The RUN data files are related to Microsoft IIS. The RUN file is an ISAPI Loader Data. The Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) is an N-tier API of Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft's collection of Windows-based web server services.
ISAPI Loader Data related extensions:
- sww AnuGA NetCDF Data
- ufc SATURN Suite Data
- jpx jAlbum Image Info
- cir Racelogic PerformanceBox Circuit Overlay
- swp SolidWorks Macro
- mwi Medlin Payroll Software Layout Data
.rwn - TAS Compiled Executable
The RWN application files are related to TAS Professional. The RWN file is a TAS Compiled Executable. TAS Professional is a powerful 4gl RAD business programming language.
TAS Compiled Executable related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .run file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .run extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .run files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .run files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .run file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .run file
To set the .run file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .run file association. Many applications can open .run files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .run file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
dun, fun, gun, rin, rkn, rn, ru, rub, ruj, rum, tun, urn
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .run filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .run:
- rn Nota Bene XPL Program
- fun Koolmoves Project
- tun Wusikstation Microtuning Data
- ru Java Russian Font Properties Data
- gun C64 GunPaint Image
- dun Dial Up Networking Exported Settings
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .run page useful, please feel free to link to this page.