SIS file format description
Many people often share .sis files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .sis files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .sis files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .sis files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .sis file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.sis - Symbian Install Package
The SIS archive files are related to SIS Builder. The SIS file is a Symbian Install Package. The SIS file is a standard and convenient way to distribute Symbian applications.
|Magic:||- / -|
Symbian Install Package related extensions:
- z01 WinZip First Split Zip
- bbtheme phpBB Theme Package
- kwt KVIrc Theme Pack
- ap Amiga WHAP Compressed Archive
- nbf NTI Backup Now Archive
- esj Autodesk Fabrication Archived Job
.sis - Steam Game Backup Info
The SIS data files are related to Steam. The SIS file is a Steam Game Backup Info. Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation.
Steam Game Backup Info related extensions:
- acf Steam Application Cache Data
- alt Steam ALT Data
- cachedmsg Valve Steam Cache Data
- crash Steam Crash Data
- csm Steam Client Game Backup Data
- dmp Steam Client Dump Data
.sis - Sisma Database
The SIS data files are related to Sisma Password Manager. The SIS file is a Sisma Database. Sisma is a free and easy-to-use password manager that allows you to store and manage your passwords.
Sisma Database related extensions:
- wqs WebQuest Surfer Data
- avz AviSys v6 Database Backup
- amc Race Studio 2 All Math Channels Data
- bfi Blaise Database BFI Data
- zcr ZenCrack Data
- om STK Owner/Mission File
.sis - arivis ImageCore Data
The SIS data files are related to arivis ImageCore. The SIS file is an arivis ImageCore Data. The arivis ImageCore is a powerful software library which provides fast and smooth retrieval of stored images independent of size and zoom level.
arivis ImageCore Data related extensions:
- jnl WinDev Log
- chy FileMaker Pro Data
- pvc Sage MAS 90 PVC Data
- wft Oracle Workflow Process Definition
- pat DB-MAIN Pattern Substitution List
- 83sd TI-83 Plus Silver Edition Debugger File
.sis - Psion Series 3 Software Package
The SIS archive files are related to Psion 3. The SIS file is a Psion Series 3 Software Package. The Psion Series 3 range of personal digital assistants were made by Psion PLC.
Psion Series 3 Software Package related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .sis file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .sis extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .sis files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .sis files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .sis file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .sis file
To set the .sis file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .sis file association. Many applications can open .sis files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .sis file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cis, eis, is, iss, si, sic, sie, siq, siw, six, siz, sjs, sks, sls, sos
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .sis filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .sis:
- xis Chiasmus Key File
- cis CheckInbox Settings
- sjs SimCity 3000 Custom Buildings File
- sus SAP Transactionware GM POS Xpress Suspended Data
- siq Tektronics RSA306 IQ Streaming Data
- ss SilverStripe Source Code
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .sis page useful, please feel free to link to this page.