SPH file format description
Many people often share .sph files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .sph files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .sph files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .sph files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .sph file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.sph - Ribbons Sphere Definition
The SPH data files are related to Ribbons. The SPH file is a Ribbons Sphere Definition. Ribbons software interactively displays molecular models, analyzes crystallographic results, and creates publication quality images.
Ribbons Sphere Definition related extensions:
- atoms Ribbons Atoms Definition
- bonds Ribbons Bonds Definition
- color Ribbons Color Mapping
- colours Ribbons Color Mapping Data
- coords Ribbons Coords Data
- cyl Ribbons Cylinder Definition
.sph - MikuMikuDance Sphere Multiplied Map
The SPH data files are related to MikuMikuDance. The SPH file is a MikuMikuDance Sphere Multiplied Map. MikuMikuDance, very commonly abbreviated to MMD, is a freeware animation program that lets users animate and create 3D animation movies, originally produced for the Vocaloid character Hatsune Miku.
MikuMikuDance Sphere Multiplied Map related extensions:
- emm MikuMikuDance MikuMikuEffect Data
- pmd MikuMikuDance PolyMo Model Data
- pmm MikuMikuDance Polygon Movie Maker Project
- pmx MikuMikuDance Polygon Model eXtend
- spa MikuMikuDance Sphere Mapping File
- vac MikuMikuDance Accessory Settings Data
.sph - Altair FEKO TICRA Spherical Data
The SPH data files are related to Altair FEKO. The SPH file is an Altair FEKO TICRA Spherical Data. Altair Feko is a comprehensive computational electromagnetics (CEM) code used widely in the telecommunications, automobile, space and defense industries.
Altair FEKO TICRA Spherical Data related extensions:
- fde FLAMES Dataset Export Data
- wells ParFlow Well Output Data
- cflt CATS Flat File
- sroi Subsequent Response of Injury Data
- rjs RealJukebox Skin Data
- sitv StuffIt Viewer Data
.nist - HTK NIST SPHERE Data
The NIST audio files are related to HTK. The NIST file is a HTK NIST SPHERE Data. The Hidden Markov Model Toolkit (HTK) is a portable toolkit for building and manipulating hidden Markov models. HTK is primarily used for speech recognition research although it has been used for numerous other applications including research into speech synthesis, character recognition and DNA sequencing. SPHERE (Speech Header Resources) is a library of C-language functions which facilitate NIST speech file header manipulation.
HTK NIST SPHERE Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .sph file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .sph extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .sph files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .sph files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .sph file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .sph file
To set the .sph file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .sph file association. Many applications can open .sph files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .sph file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cph, eph, ph, psh, qph, sh, shp, slh, soh, sp, spb, spg, spj, spm, spn
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .sph filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .sph:
- sh Unix Shell Script
- sp ZX Spectrum Emulator Snapshot
- spm StoneTracker Music Module
- wph WorkPlace Pro Utilities Batch
- psh Photodex Slide Show
- sp Simplexety Parameter File
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .sph page useful, please feel free to link to this page.