SSA file format description
Many people often share .ssa files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ssa files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ssa files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ssa files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ssa file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ssa - SubStation Alpha Subtitle
The SSA video files are related to Media Player Classic. The SSA file is a SubStation Alpha Subtitle. It is a subtitle format for DivX movies.
SubStation Alpha Subtitle related extensions:
- xmv Xenon Motion Video
- ty TiVo Video Stream
- dv Digital Video
- tod JVC Camcorder Video
- ub1 DRS-1100 Recorded Video
- ts MPEG-2 Transport Stream
.ssa - Visual SourceSafe Backup Archive
The SSA archive files are related to Microsoft Visual SourceSafe. The SSA file is a Visual SourceSafe Backup Archive. MVSS is a version control system product that delivers restore point and parallel collaboration capabilities, thus allowing application development organizations to work on several versions of software simultaneously.
Visual SourceSafe Backup Archive related extensions:
- ozip oZip Compressed Data
- ybs YBS Compressed Archive
- cab Microsoft Cabinet File
- hqz Internet Explorer for Mac HQZ Archive
- hpg Hide Photos Encrypted Photo Container
- bnh BinHex Encoded Archive
.ssa - Empire Earth Custom Assets Data
The SSA game data files are related to Empire Earth. The SSA file is an Empire Earth Custom Assets Data. Empire Earth is a real-time strategy game that spans about a half a million years of human history.
Empire Earth Custom Assets Data related extensions:
- plt X-Wing vs Tie Fighter Pilot Data
- eng Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit English Car Data
- wrs Bagger Simulator WRS Archive
- skudef Command and Conquer Archive Description
- sst Children of the Nile Textures Data
- fp2 Insaniquarium Deluxe Fish Data
.ssa - Children of the Nile Campaign Data
The SSA game data files are related to Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile. The SSA file is a Children of the Nile Campaign Data. Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile is a city-building game set in ancient Egypt, developed by Tilted Mill Entertainment.
Children of the Nile Campaign Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ssa file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ssa extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ssa files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ssa files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ssa file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ssa file
To set the .ssa file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ssa file association. Many applications can open .ssa files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ssa file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
csa, esa, sa, sas, sca, sea, ss, ssq, ssw, ssx, ssz, swa, sxa, sza, wsa
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ssa filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ssa:
- sa ParFlow Simple ASCII Data
- sea StuffIt Expander Archive
- sza HiCAD Drawing
- sca MSX2+ Screen 10 Bitmap
- ssx IBM Rational XDE SSX Data
- esa Hatch Embroidery Font Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ssa page useful, please feel free to link to this page.