STR file format description
Many people often share .str files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .str files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .str files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .str files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .str file format.
13 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- dBASE Structure Object
- Sony Playstation Video Stream
- STELLA Runtime
- DataPerfect Structural Information Data
- STATISTICA Report File
- Altair FEKO Solution Vector Data
- Avantes Avasoft v8 Single Data
- Surpac Vision Data Repository
- X-Plane String Data
- ZENworks Client Inventory Data
- Ribbons STR Data
- eSignal Story Data
- FIFA 2002 Music Data
- .str file related problems
.str - dBASE Structure Object
The STR file is a dBASE Structure Object. dBase is a relational database management system first marketed by Ashton-Tate corporation in the early 1980s.
|Magic:||- / -|
dBASE Structure Object related extensions:
- drg AviSys Bird Watcher Database
- vrt Autodesk AutoCAD Vertical Data
- tex Mackichan Scientific Notebook Data
- ~i AZZ Cardfile Index Data
- iconboxicon IconBox Icon Data
- kaf KMESS Absorber Data
.str - Sony Playstation Video Stream
The STR video files are related to STRPlay. The STR file is a Sony Playstation Video stream. The PlayStation (PSX) is a 32-bit fifth generation video game console released by Sony Computer Entertainment in December 1994.
Sony Playstation Video Stream related extensions:
- kvf Keg Video File
- jpf Sony Network Camera JPEG Video
- sgv Self-Guard Security Camera Video
- vp5 on2 VP65 Encoded Flash Video
- d3v Datel MAX Media Player Video
- cdxl CDXL Video File
.str - STELLA Runtime
The STR data files are related to Stella. The STR file is a STELLA Runtime. STELLA Runtime is a simulation modeling environment that allows one to graphically capture the cause–effect relationships of a system that affect state variables.
STELLA Runtime related extensions:
.str - DataPerfect Structural Information Data
The STR data files are related to DataPerfect. The STR file is a DataPerfect Structural Information Data. DataPerfect is a relational database management system. The .STR file holds the structural information about the users database.
DataPerfect Structural Information Data related extensions:
- txx DataPerfect Text Storage
.str - STATISTICA Report File
The STR data files are related to STATISTICA. The STR file is a STATISTICA Report File. STATISTICA is a statistical package, developed by StatSoft Inc.
STATISTICA Report File related extensions:
- aexml STATISTICA Analysis Explorer Project
- css STATISTICA Data Sheet
- dmi STATISTICA Node Interface Configuration
- scr STATISTICA Scrollsheet Data
- sdm STATISTICA Workspace
- smx STATISTICA Matrix File
.str - Altair FEKO Solution Vector Data
The STR data files are related to Altair FEKO. The STR file is an Altair FEKO Solution Vector Data. Altair Feko is a comprehensive computational electromagnetics (CEM) code used widely in the telecommunications, automobile, space and defense industries.
Altair FEKO Solution Vector Data related extensions:
- kpu Physis Piano K5 EX Update Data
- c2k Microsoft Project Holidays Data
- est ENVI Linked Window Group Data
- dpsx Barfield DPS1000 User Interface Data
- fod EZ-Forms Form Relationship Data
- dfs Autodesk AutoCAD Utility Defaults Data
.str - Avantes Avasoft v8 Single Data
The STR data files are related to Avantes Avasoft. The STR file is an Avantes Avasoft v8 Single Data. AvaSoft is a software package that can be used to control all Avantes spectrometers and a wide range of accessories.
Avantes Avasoft v8 Single Data related extensions:
- acat Advanced CATaloguer Pro Database
- e78 IBM 3270 Terminal Emulator Screen Layout Data
- pspworkspace Corel Paint Shop Pro Workspace
- usm Epson PIF Tool Multiple Size Frame
- idc Lotus Notes Certificate Data
- todo Simple Project ToDo Database
.str - Surpac Vision Data Repository
The STR data files are related to Surpac Vision. The STR file is a Surpac Vision Data Repository. Surpac Vision is a comprehensive and powerful software for geological modelling, mine planning for surface and underground operations.
Surpac Vision Data Repository related extensions:
- knf Orchida Knitting System Data
- pxml Pandora PXML Data
- soepsx Player Studio Viewer Data
- auf Audacity Block Data
- lrsr MODELLER Loop Modeling Restraints Data
- rwpat RockWorks Pattern Tables Data
.str - X-Plane String Data
The STR game data files are related to X-Plane. The STR file is an X-Plane String Data. X-Plane is a flight simulation engine series developed and published by Laminar Research since 1995.
X-Plane String Data related extensions:
- acf X-Plane Aircraft Data
- afl X-Plane Data
- dsf X-Plane Distribution Scenery Format Data
- env X-Plane Scenery Data
- lin X-Plane Painted Line Data
- rep X-Plane Replay Data
.str - ZENworks Client Inventory Data
The STR data files are related to ZENworks Desktop Management. The STR file is a ZENworks Client Inventory Data. Novell ZENworks is a suite of products designed to help you more efficiently manage similar systems through a centralized, strategic approach.
ZENworks Client Inventory Data related extensions:
- fis Dynamite VSP Feature Interpretation Style Data
- std Prosa State Transition Diagram Graphics Data
- p0 WOW! Diagnostic P0 Data
- ql QEdit Data
- onetastic Onetastic for OneNote Data
- cdw CADKEY Organized Dialog Data
.str - Ribbons STR Data
The STR data files are related to Ribbons. The STR file is a Ribbons STR Data. Ribbons software interactively displays molecular models, analyzes crystallographic results, and creates publication quality images. The Ribbons seems to be no longer supported.
Ribbons STR Data related extensions:
- atoms Ribbons Atoms Definition
- bonds Ribbons Bonds Definition
- color Ribbons Color Mapping
- colours Ribbons Color Mapping Data
- coords Ribbons Coords Data
- cyl Ribbons Cylinder Definition
.str - eSignal Story Data
The STR data files are related to eSignal. The STR file is an eSignal Story Data. eSignal is a charting and trading platform that gives all members the opportunity to chart with real-time data, including some specific services.
eSignal Story Data related extensions:
- ach eSignal Advanced Chart Data
- acm eSignal ACM Data
- ch eSignal CH Data
- cht eSignal CHT Data
- dsb eSignal DSB Data
- efs eSignal Formula Script
.str - FIFA 2002 Music Data
The STR game data files are related to FIFA 2002. The STR file is a FIFA 2002 Music Data. FIFA 2002 is a football video game or football simulator.
FIFA 2002 Music Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .str file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .str extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .str files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .str files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .str file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .str file
To set the .str file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .str file association. Many applications can open .str files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .str file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ctr, etr, qtr, sfr, sgr, shr, sr, srr, srt, st, std, ste, stf, stg, stt
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .str filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .str:
- st LittleSmalltalk Source Code
- stf PhotoImpression Thumbnail Cache
- tsr TSR Launcher Data
- sgr SimCity 4 Graphics Rules
- srt CX-Supervisor DDE Server Array Project
- ste Samsung IPOLIS Image
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .str page useful, please feel free to link to this page.