TRI file format description
Many people often share .tri files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .tri files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .tri files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .tri files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .tri file format.
8 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.tri - Ribbons Triangle Definition
The TRI data files are related to Ribbons. The TRI file is a Ribbons Triangle Definition. Ribbons software interactively displays molecular models, analyzes crystallographic results, and creates publication quality images.
Ribbons Triangle Definition related extensions:
- atoms Ribbons Atoms Definition
- bonds Ribbons Bonds Definition
- color Ribbons Color Mapping
- colours Ribbons Color Mapping Data
- coords Ribbons Coords Data
- cyl Ribbons Cylinder Definition
.tri - Greg Hood Binary Triangles Data
The TRI data files are related to IVCon. The TRI file is a Greg Hood Binary Triangles Data.
Greg Hood Binary Triangles Data related extensions:
.tri - Neuroscan Triangulated Surface Data
The TRI data files are related to Neuroscan Curry. The TRI file is a Neuroscan Triangulated Surface Data. Compumedics Neuroscan is a leading developer of research software for neurophysiology, neuroimaging, and neurodiagnostic systems.
Neuroscan Triangulated Surface Data related extensions:
- adp Alphacam Diecut Post Data
- jz JamesZhu Browser Database
- emd eSignal Market Depth Data
- awb ActiveWords WordBase Data
- knn Clarion Database Key Data
- tvf Lucene Term Vector Fields
.tri - FreeSurfer Triangular Surface Data
The TRI data files are related to FreeSurfer. The TRI file is a FreeSurfer Triangular Surface Data. Freesurfer is a set of automated tools for reconstruction of the brain's cortical surface from structural MRI data, and overlay of functional MRI data onto the reconstructed surface.
FreeSurfer Triangular Surface Data related extensions:
- annot FreeSurfer Annotation
- gii GIfTI Data
- label FreeSurfer Label
- mgh MGH MRI Data
- mgz Compressed MGH MRI Data
- stats FreeSurfer Statistics File
.tri - Alias PowerAnimator 3D Data
The TRI data files are related to Alias PowerAnimator. The TRI file is an Alias PowerAnimator 3D Data. Alias PowerAnimator is a 3D modeling, animation, and visual effects suite.
Alias PowerAnimator 3D Data related extensions:
- tlt Trellix Web Design Template
- dgc DigiGuide Channel Extension
- ktspack KeyTruss Truss Archive Data
- a3d Alternativa3D Exported Data
- crypt14 WhatsApp Encrypted Database
- arescol Ares Galaxy Collection List
.tri - Cart3D Triangulation Data
The TRI data files are related to Cart3D. The TRI file is a Cart3D Triangulation Data. Cart3D is a high-fidelity inviscid analysis package for conceptual and preliminary aerodynamic design.
Cart3D Triangulation Data related extensions:
- phd ProShow Producer Database
- bia ISaGRAF I/O Board Archive
- smg USoft System Message Data
- ont theWord Bible Text Module
- pro Carlson 2015 Profile Data
- bpf Business Plan Pro Formula
.tri - Symantec LiveUpdate Product Update List
The TRI data files are related to Symantec LiveUpdate. The TRI file is a Symantec LiveUpdate Product Update List. LiveUpdate is a utility developed by Symantec Corporation that downloads and installs security updates and software patches.
Symantec LiveUpdate Product Update List related extensions:
- ba7 TaxACT 2017 Tax Return Backup Data
- sod BiRT Spreadsheet Object Design File
- xff Eqeus XFRX Database Output Data
- prp Turbo Photo Album Thumbnail Cache
- nlm Novell NetWare Loadable Module
- pnv Pegasus Mail Stored Searches Data
.tri - FaceGen Polygonal Model
The TRI data files are related to FaceGen. The TRI file is a FaceGen Polygonal Model. FaceGen is a 3D face-generating middleware produced by Singular Inversions. It is used where there is a need for a large number of different possible faces, either at random or from photographs.
FaceGen Polygonal Model related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .tri file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .tri extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .tri files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .tri files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .tri file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .tri file
To set the .tri file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .tri file association. Many applications can open .tri files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .tri file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
fri, gri, ri, rri, rti, tdi, tei, tfi, tgi, ti, tir, tr, trj, trk, trl
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .tri filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .tri:
- ri Xpand Rally Xtreme Race Information Data
- tir TibiaReplay Tibia Movie
- trk SeeYou Track Data
- tti BRLTTY Text Subtable Data
- tgi SimCity 4 Type Group Instance Data
- trk Mixman Studio Audio Track
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .tri page useful, please feel free to link to this page.