VBK file format description
Many people often share .vbk files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .vbk files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .vbk files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .vbk files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .vbk file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.vbk - VitalBook eBook
The VBK ebook files are related to VitalSource Bookshelf. The VBK file is a VitalBook eBook. VitalBooks are a new, downloadable option for VitalSource textbooks.
|Magic:||- / -|
VitalBook eBook related extensions:
- tr3 TomeRaider 3 E-book
- tcr TCR E-book
- pobi Kindle Touch Periodical Data
- azw3r Amazon Kindle Format 8 Ebook Metadata
- bkc IBM Library Server Bookcase File
- ybrar yBook E-book Archive
.vbk - Veeam Full Backup Archive
The VBK archive files are related to Veeam Backup. The VBK file is a Veeam Full Backup Archive. Veeam Backup is a new VMware ESX Server / VMFS backup application.
Veeam Full Backup Archive related extensions:
- m Mathematica Package
- devpak Dev-C++ Developer Package
- sbe SafeBoot Encrypted Archive
- wbpz ANSYS Workbench Project Archive
- mig Windows USMT Backup Archive
- tsb Trabalph Software Program Compressed Data
.vbk - CallPilot Audio Data
The VBK audio files are related to Nortel CallPilot. The VBK file is a CallPilot Audio Data. Nortel CallPilot is a versatile business communications tool. The Nortel CallPilot seems to be no longer supported.
CallPilot Audio Data related extensions:
- zgr Zero-X BeatCreator Loop
- npno Nord Piano Module
- ntp NovoTrade Packer Music
- sfark sfArk Compressed SoundFont
- idf MIDI Instrument Definition File
- vox VoxWare Dialogic Audio Data
.vbk - Visual CADD Backup
The VBK document files are related to Visual CADD. The VBK file is a Visual CADD Backup. Visual CADD is a modern-day version of generic CADD.
Visual CADD Backup related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .vbk file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .vbk extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .vbk files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .vbk files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .vbk file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .vbk file
To set the .vbk file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .vbk file association. Many applications can open .vbk files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .vbk file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bbk, bk, cbk, dbk, fbk, gbk, vb, vbj, vbl, vbm, vbo, vbu, vfk, vkb
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .vbk filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .vbk:
- vbo Racelogic PerformanceBox ASCII Data
- vbo Microsoft Access Package Deployment References Data
- cbk Giza Specifier Drawing Backup
- vb Grand Theft Auto Audio Data
- vbl 3DMove 3D Geological Model
- bk Adobe FrameMaker Book Document
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .vbk page useful, please feel free to link to this page.