VIB file format description
Many people often share .vib files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .vib files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .vib files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .vib files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .vib file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.vib - VMware vSphere Installation Bundle Package
The VIB archive files are related to VMware vSphere. The VIB file is a VMware vSphere Installation Bundle Package. VMware vSphere is a suite of software components for virtualization. VIB stands for vSphere Installation Bundle. At a conceptual level a VIB is somewhat similar to a tarball or ZIP archive in that it is a collection of files packaged into a single archive to facilitate distribution.
|Magic:||- / -|
VMware vSphere Installation Bundle Package related extensions:
- aar Apache Axis2 Service Archive
- vad Virtuoso Application Distribution Package
- zptc MultitrackStudio Zipped Patch Data
- ez2 EZPix Secure Photo Album Package
- kodi Kodi Update Data
- czx CZIP X Encrypted ZIP Archive
.vib - Veeam Incremental Backup Archive
The VIB archive files are related to Veeam Backup. The VIB file is a Veeam Incremental Backup Archive. Veeam Backup is a new VMware ESX Server / VMFS backup application.
Veeam Incremental Backup Archive related extensions:
- afs3 Advanced File Security 3 Encrypted Data
- bh BlakHole Archive
- prpkg Preactor Package
- chksplit Incredible Bee Archiver Split Checksum
- fwb FileWrangler Backup
- pdv Privacy Drive Volume
.vib - Chemsoft Export/Import MSDS Data
The VIB data files are related to Chemsoft. The VIB file is a Chemsoft Export/Import MSDS Data. Chemsoft supplies MSDS Software and Material Safety Data Sheet software and solutions to industry.
Chemsoft Export/Import MSDS Data related extensions:
- qnt Chromeleon Quantification Method
- nk2 Microsoft Outlook 2002 Auto Complete Nick List
- hh PLINK Heterozygous Haploid Data
- asp Procomm Plus ASPect Script
- 73p TI-73 Calculator Program
- xrl Sybase PowerDesigner Report Language Data
.vib - LithTech Video Data
The VIB development files are related to LithTech Engine. The VIB file is a LithTech Video Data. LithTech is a game engine which was initially developed by Monolith Productions in collaboration with Microsoft. The LithTech Engine seems to be no longer supported.
LithTech Video Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .vib file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .vib extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .vib files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .vib files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .vib file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .vib file
To set the .vib file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .vib file association. Many applications can open .vib files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .vib file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bib, cib, dib, fib, gib, ib, ivb, vb, vbi, vi, vif, vig, vin, viv, vjb
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .vib filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .vib:
- vbi Visual Batch Include
- vlb Easy CG Project
- ib Embarcadero InterBase Database
- viv Need for Speed Car Data
- bib BibTeX Document
- vif Verity Image Format File
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .vib page useful, please feel free to link to this page.