WIN file format description
Many people often share .win files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .win files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .win files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .win files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .win file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.win - Opera Saved Session
The WIN data files are related to Opera. The WIN file is an Opera Saved Session. Opera is a web browser and Internet suite developed by the Opera Software company.
Opera Saved Session related extensions:
- adr Opera Bookmark Data
- ax Opera AX Data
- bin Opera Encoder Data
- bx Opera BX Data
- nex Opera 15 Navigator Extension
.win - Visual FoxPro Window File
The WIN development files are related to Microsoft Visual FoxPro. The WIN file is a Visual FoxPro Window File. Visual FoxPro is a data-centric object-oriented procedural programming language produced by Microsoft.
Visual FoxPro Window File related extensions:
- nsh NSIS Header
- abs GCC ELF/DWARF Format Absolute Data
- bke WebDev Report Backup Data
- pas Pascal/Delphi Source Code
- vtf Valve Source Texture Data
- bkw WebDev Window Backup Data
.win - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Installation Data
The WIN game data files are related to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. The WIN file is a Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Installation Data. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is a 2010 racing video game developed by Criterion Games.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Installation Data related extensions:
- swar Super Mario Bros NDS Music Data
- heli RealFlight Helicopter Model Data
- bld RealFlight Airplane Description
- ydt Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos Game Data
- bo4 OpenTerrainGenerator Custom Structure
- rpgmvm RPG Maker MV Encrypted M4A Audio
.win - Aveva InTouch Window Data
The WIN data files are related to InTouch. The WIN file is a Aveva InTouch Window Data. Aveva InTouch is a software package to allow you to interact with and visualize data from you instruments and plant devices.
Aveva InTouch Window Data related extensions:
- adjusted PLINK Basic Multiple-testing Corrections Data
- co_ Compressed COM File
- pyk pyStk Output Data
- brd BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines Data Transfer Data
- rwf Gaussian Read-Write File
- gth BibExcel GTH Data
.win - GameMaker Studio Game Asset Package
The WIN development files are related to GameMaker Studio. The WIN file is a GameMaker Studio Game Asset Package. GameMaker Studio is a game development tool, featuring a level editor, asset manager, code editor, and its own scripting language known as GameMaker Language (GML).
GameMaker Studio Game Asset Package related extensions:
- srf Sybase PowerBuilder Functions Data
- qm7 SAS 7 Sequential Engine MDDB Data
- bli PDP-10 BLISS-10 Compiler Source Code
- ridl Restricted Interface Definition Language Data
- webinfo Visual Studio .NET Web Information Data
- osl Open Shading Language Source
.win - Pro/ENGINEER Windows Configuration
The WIN configuration files are related to Pro/ENGINEER. The WIN file is a Pro/ENGINEER Windows Configuration. Pro/ENGINEER is a 3D-CAD application by Parametric Technology Corporation.
Pro/ENGINEER Windows Configuration related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .win file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .win extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .win files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .win files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .win file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .win file
To set the .win file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .win file association. Many applications can open .win files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .win file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ain, din, ein, in, qin, sin, wi, wig, wim, wln, wn, wni
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .win filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .win:
- sin Xperia X10 Phone SIN Firmware
- in CFAST Input Data
- ain ArcGIS Optional Index
- din WRAP DAY Input Data
- wln Novell Localisation Workbench Workspace
- sin WRAP SALT Input Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .win page useful, please feel free to link to this page.